We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early planning

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
621 reviews
Save Topic
Early planning

Hi

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I'm planning on visiting Victoria Falls next March at the beginning of my trip to South Africa. I have been to South Africa many times but this will be my first to Victoria Falls. I will probably fly direct from a London via Joburg, so would arrive in the afternoon. I have decided on the Zimbabwe side.

I am wondering whether to spend 3 or 4 nights there. I will be travelling alone, and would also like to do a trip to Chobe. However all the trips I have seen online are for a minimum of 2 people. Are there options for a solo traveller to Chobe?

Many thanks

Lisa

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
453 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early planning

We do get solo travellers coming to Victoria Falls so you don't have to worry much about that. I will suggest you make it 3 nights at least, as the first day you wont count because you will arrive late afternoon. Most people I meet they go for this kind of itinerary- arrival day nice relaxed sun seat cruise above the falls, day 2- tour of the falls and free afternoon open for other activities such as helicopter ride, elephant back safari and etc. Day - 3 chobe safari and coming to falls on the same day or even spending a night and come back the next day.

All the best on planning your holiday to Victoria Falls

Philani Moyo - Owner Shockwave Adventures.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early planning

Thanks for the info, it will definitely be 3 nights and possibly 4.

Just wanted to make sure I would be able to join a tour to Chobe as a solo traveller

Lisa

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
931 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early planning

Hi Lisa

There is no problem with you being a solo traveller, what they mean is that there has to be at least two people on the trip to make it viable for them to run. So if they have a booking from another person or another 5 people it means that the trip will run and you can join them. So the best thing is to get a booking in early, they may well already have other people booked on that day which means that all is well, if they don't then you would be booked on a provisional basis pending other bookings, it is a very popular activity and in almost all cases there will be other bookings so you should have no problem. I hope that makes sense

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early planning

Boopeel, that makes perfect sense. Many thanks and I will make sure that I book before I get to Victoria Falls

Lisa

5. Re: Early planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2016, 00:16