We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont want to miss a thing

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
dont want to miss a thing

we are off to Victoria falls a week friday, Dont want to miss a thing, but only there 2 nights We are staying in Zambezi Sun hotel, recommended by someone on this sight. We want to book helicoptor, sunset cruise , lion cub, bridge walking , white rafting, so you can imagin I want book as soon as we arrive at hotel, are the tour operators near this hotel. I have taken advice also from this forum and will be taking US dollar. Any advice from any one would be appreciated. Recommend places to eat . And anything to pack that you forgot or found useful. We are travelling on to Garden Route and then Cape Town for 6 nights. Thanks Norma

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Boston...
Level Contributor
851 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dont want to miss a thing

Hi Norma. Safaris Par Excellence or "Safpar" does all these activities, and they have a great rep:

http://www.safpar.com/index.html.

They're located on the Zim side of the falls, although they might be in Zambia too. In terms of where to eat, Mama Africa on the Zim side is nice; they have live music, a beautiful outdoor setting, and a great game plate!

I was in Zim, but I wished I had packed more t-shirts and baseball caps--anything w/ English is a huge hit, and you can barter with them for curios and/or give them away at the end of your trip. Lightens your load and makes more room for souvenirs.

You're going to have a great time!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dont want to miss a thing

We just came back from Vic. Falls and S.Africa. We stayed in Zim. side in The Kingdom. We went on micro-light flight in Zambian side. It was excellent and once in a life time experience. They charged us US$83.00 for 20 minutes flight. You can use your credit card to pay the charges. In December, there were not many tourists in the Fall area. Our Hotel is about 20% full.

Don't miss the micro-lighting.

Mentioned in this post
The Kingdom at Victoria Falls
The Kingdom at Victoria...
1,437 Reviews
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
london
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dont want to miss a thing

Thanks for all your help, will pack extra t shirts to give away. My daughter is doing the Micro glide, I am diffenately doing helicopter and possible Micro if I can pluck up a bit more courage, older I get the more wimpy I get!Did any of you do the walk with the lions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
851 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dont want to miss a thing

I did not do the walk with lions (it was expensive for me at the time), but it looks wonderful. I know Safpar does those too. If you go into their offices, they'll give you a little slideshow presentation on all their activities. The rafting is world class.

5. Re: dont want to miss a thing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 16:20