We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
187 posts
590 reviews
Save Topic
Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

I will be taking the plunge in Devil's Pool in November. I asked the vendor if there was a place to lock up personal belongings. They said things would be secure, but that didn't fully answer my question. Does anyone know if you can lock up your valuables or if they are kept in a secured room? I'm sure anyone going on this tour has a camera, passport, and lunch money to keep safe. Thanks.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
930 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

As far as I am aware there are no lockers as such. You leave any valuables with guides and they look after them and in that way they are secure.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
187 posts
590 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

OK, so it sounds like you leave your stuff behind and trust a person to watch it while you visit the island. I think I'll just take a dry bag for the camera and carry it with me to the island. Thanks.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
930 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

No, once you are on the island and about to go for the swim you leave your belongings like your clothes and any valuables. After the short swim then come back and retrieve your items.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
187 posts
590 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

OK, so you take your valuables to the the island with you, leave them there, do the swim, then get your items. That should not be an issue as the people in your group are the only ones on the island at that particular time.

5. Re: Devil's Pool Security of Gear...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2017, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls