We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botswana travel 2019

Seven Springs, PA
2 posts
2 reviews
Botswana travel 2019

Planning trip to Botswana and South Africa approx. Aug.-Oct. 2019.Could end up having a small group. Seeking best wildlife encounters. Mid-price range.

6 replies to this topic
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
1. Re: Botswana travel 2019

Could you be more specific about the budget? Botswana is an expensive destination, especially in high season- there are camps up to $2500+ per person per night. Your idea of "mid price" might not be mid price for Botswana!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
346 reviews
2. Re: Botswana travel 2019

I think that you should post on www.Safaritalk.net because you will find so many people on this site who like yourself don't have the budget for staying at super expensive camps in Botswana. Even though it is a terribly expensive safari destination, you will find out that there are plenty of options for people with a midrange budge, one of course will be to take a mobile safari.Anyway I have been to Botswana four times.I simply love the place.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Botswana travel 2019

There are posters here who do suggest alternative choices to super expensive lodges . Botswana's budget & mid range budget suggestions both lodges and mobile safaris are posted here regularly . Again it is your definition of mid range in terms of $'s that will dictate suggestions.

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Botswana travel 2019

This forum is fine for budget and mid range, - you can get a 8 day fully serviced, catered en-suite mobile safari from Maun to Kasane with 1 night Maun, 2 nights in Moremi, 2 nights Khwai and 2 nights Savuti for around us$ 2000.00 a person with no single supplement, and then there are more budget options with participation safaris for less with operators like bushways. There are lots of great options for your trips, Even more mid range lodges, like Oddballs Camp and Bakwena etc....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Botswana travel 2019

@ poster 2 ‘’ because you will find so many people on this site who like yourself don't have the budget for staying at super expensive camps in Botswana.’’.I don’t know on what factual basis you have deduced this to make such a sweeping statement but as a regular contributor to this forum I have many times given suggestions for non-high end lodges and listed tour operators and accommodators who offer budget and mid-range options as well as self-drive, self-cater suggestions, none of which are super expensive. I am not the only contributor who does so and likewise there are many other posters who also do, including two who have responded here.

Edited: 03 September 2018, 23:34
6. Re: Botswana travel 2019

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 September 2018, 10:35

Reply to: Botswana travel 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted