We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
339 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

Hi there,

Happy to say I'm on Ethiopian's maiden flight to Singapore. Anyone else on this?

Will there be any "fanfare"? I've been to the airport once and I'm pretty grossed our by the facilities given that Ethiopian is a star alliance member.

I know there're constructions for an extended terminal facilities by a Chinese company.

So the question is: I'm a transit passenger with 5 hours to spare. Any recommendations for to-dos within the terminal? Edit: I've tried to read most of the other threads. Would like to know where to get wifi and/or restaurants to dine.

Thanks in Advance

Edited: 31 May 2017, 04:08
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

I just return after a long month stayed in AA and other part of the country. The very least I have to say the internet was very disappointed. Most time of the time the internet is down. If there is a connection, You need some sort of proxy server/apps to run/connect most social networks. I did not have any luck to find any open WIFi while waiting at the airport. Good luck!!!!

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
396 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

There is no such thing as open wifi. Even the one at cafes rarely works.

Bring a good book, that's my advice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
339 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

Thanks! I've downloaded tons of ebooks & audiobooks.

Cheers.

Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

The internet is partly censored due to the state of emergency. Facebook and some other social sites are blocked. Most people I knew there used VPNs to get around the ban. There is a cyber cafe in the international transit area, it's quite expensive but if you say you need Facebook etc they may have the VPN to access it. It is worth asking them.

Calgary, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

5 hours is ok

Mauritius
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

The airport is too small for the number of passengers that pass through imo, and there's hardly anything to do. The terminal is under expansion and building a new terminal with a floor area of 74,000sqm. The existing terminal has a floor area of 30,000sqm. The new terminal will have three floors—arrival, departure and ground floor. Due to the increasing passenger traffic the terminal is now handling 8.5 million passengers and the airport is congested in peak hours. When the expansion project is completed the airport can handle 22 million passengers, yearly.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
339 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

Thanks guys.

I happened to walk round the transit area TWICE. Didn't notice any internet cafes but there are quite abit of shopping options. Food on the other hand is forgettable. There's alot to shop and chocolates were cheap

As for those passengers transiting, it'll be good to notice alot of flights were at gates different from what's printed on the tickets and throngs of passengers were running from one gate to another so make sure to check the updates details on the screens.

8. Re: Ethiopian Airlines direct and non-stop services to Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Addis Ababa