We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

Yehud, Israel
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

We have a 5-hour layover in ADD airport. Flying economy class with Ethiopian. Does anyone know whether it is possible to get/buy access to any of the airport lounges? The Ethiopian Airlines web site does not say one way or the other.

Thank you!

16 replies to this topic
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

No it is not possible to pay for access !?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

There are plenty of lounges at the airport.

Level Contributor
1,226 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

My understanding is that access to the Cloud 9 lounge depends on how many Sheba Miles you've accumulated, rather than your seat class. I'm still on a blue Sheba Miles card and don't have enough points.

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

Cloud 9 lounge is for Business class ticket holders AND gold sheba miles members.

You cannot pay on the day for entry...except by paying to upgrade your flight ticket to First Class/Business

Level Contributor
1,226 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

Thanks for clearing that up. To the others here, the international transit area has a large number of recliner seats that are free to use, a better number in fact than I've seen in most other airports. Though no public wifi to pass the time with.

Yehud, Israel
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

Thank you all!

Tias, Spain
Level Contributor
15 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

I have just tried - and failed - to explain to a friend's wife who was bumped for 24 hours that there IS a lounge in ADD which is pay as you go.

Terminal 2 at ADD is made up of two long corridors. The corridor further from the gates is where the Cloud Nine lounges are - forget that corridor.

On the corridor closer to the departure gates there are two lounges. The one which is manned is for business class pax. The other is next door to a cafe which links both corridors and the door may be locked. If you ask in the cafe to be let into the lounge, you will pay according to the amount of time you wish to stay.

It is very basic but it has its own toilets (at ADD, that is a godsend!) and the lounge entry price includes a free drink.

Good luck finding it, because my friend's wife failed.

Edited: 19 June 2017, 12:03
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

Thank you indeed. This is news to me. Sounds like it may be part of the cafe...rather than an airline lounge.

Will check it out nxt time i come out of T2. Meanwhile if any more readers on here can try it..please let us know.

Yehud, Israel
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

Thanks, simmonad. I will be there in a couple of weeks. Will try and report back...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?

So, does this lounge exist?

Reply to: Possible to purchase one-time entry to lounge in ADD?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted