We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?

Hi,

I'm traveling with my family to Cape Town from Delhi via Ethiopian Airlines. My flight (ET - 687) is landing at Addis Abada from Delhi at 06:55 AM on 13th Oct. My connecting flight (ET - 847) to Cape Town is departing Addis Abada at 08:15AM on 13th Oct.

Is this transit time sufficient? Also can you guide me for any things that I need to take care so that transit is smooth and quick?

Appreciate your responses in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?

Yes that is long enough. Tell the cabin staff on first flight your situation

As soon as you are inside terminal 2 building ask ground staff for instructions.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?

Thanks.

Also if previous flight is delayed due to some unforeseen circumstances, will the connecting flight wait or I'll have to wait for next available flight?

Edited: 10 September 2018, 05:17
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?

Sorry cant answer that...up to the airline and circumstances.

All you can say is that their record breaking profit ( for an African airline) is built nows on 9 million transit passengers p.a.(2017) passing through the Addis hub, so the whole airport is geared to speeding transit passengers through.

You are arriving in the morning rush hour when flights are arriving about every 5 minutes so do let your cabin staff know you are on CT flight...especially if first flight is late.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
637 posts
4. Re: Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?

If your first flight is delayed your connecting flight won't wait. The airline would book you onto the next available flight.

Reply to: Is 1hr 20 mins transit time OK in Addis Abada Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted