We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Lounges

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
150 reviews
Airport Lounges

Hi

Is there a lounge at Addis Ababa airport which can be used by paying charges?

I will be flying economy and hence I will not have access to the airlines lounges... just wanted to check if there are any paid lounges available.

Cheers

8 replies to this topic
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Airport Lounges

No.there are no such lounges yet

Edited: 14 September 2018, 02:31
Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
385 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Airport Lounges

There are lounges, also a Chinese Restaurant is available there. Can you make your question clear. What do you mean paid Lounge? You can enjoy your meals there and if you fly frequently you can be a member to the lounge and get a discount.

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Airport Lounges

Hello, I also have a long transit at Addis Ababa airport (arive at 3.30pm, depart at 1.50am...near 11 hours!). As I will be flying economy class, I won't get an automatic access to a business lounge. I have been to the Addis Ababa airport in January 2018 on a shorter transit but It didn't look like there was a business class type lounge where you can pay for the entry. Is there a hotel within the airport?

Level Contributor
124 posts
4. Re: Airport Lounges

The airport has no hotel. If your inbound and outbound flights are both with Ethiopian Airlines then you should get a hotel voucher for an 11 hour layover. The hotel would be in the city.

Edited: 14 October 2018, 20:36
Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: Airport Lounges

Yes if both flights on EA and you are going out on first available flight you will get free hotel,bus to it and meals. Ask for hotel voucher at first check in

No visa needed.. immigration will stamp hotel voucher her or second boarding pass.

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Airport Lounges

My journey will begin from Lalibela, arriving in Addis Ababa around 3.50pm before my onward journey to my final destination London, departing Addis Ababa 1.50am. From the previous forums, the hotel voucher requires two international flights not domestic-international mix, even though my London flight one will be the first one available?

11 hours - very long!

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: Airport Lounges

Sorry we were assuming two international flights, You could if you wished go out of the airport into Bole...eg to Yod Abysinnia....but you would have at least cabin bag with you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8. Re: Airport Lounges

#6,

10 hours is very long, but you don't have to spend the whole 10 hours in the airport. Why not leave the airport after arrival, as you are either resident in the country or have a visa, and return to the airport few hours before the flight to London ?

Reply to: Airport Lounges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Addis Ababa