We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Phoenix, AZ, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

I will be in Addis from May 30 - June 13 and would like help in finding a volunteer opportunity near the University or Sedest Kilo. I'd prefer a nonprofit organization but do not want to join a formalized Volunteer Organization like Global Volunteers etc. which charge upwards of $2000 (U.S.) for a week's volunteering. Any help you can give is appreciated.

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Hello WillAZPhoenix,

Near Sedist Kilo University there is one Orphan center very important center on Helping childrens those who doesn't have parents, as well as infected with HIV which is called Mother Tereza's Center. But if you could tell me in detail in what kind of activity you would like to participate i will send you some Centers and you can contact them directly.

Good Day,

T.E.

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Dear Mr WillAZPhoenix

Real it is blessing to help the needy i will suggest you to help Ethiopians For Ethiopians- Ethiopia Empowering with peoples disability.

You can have their goals below

EFEE is operating in the Gullele sub-city area of Addis Ababa, reaching out to people with disabilities in local communities. In order to maximise the effectiveness of its work, it seeks to work with people who fall into the following groups:

Women and Girls with visual impairment and the Blind who live in the project operational area, which is the Gullele sub-city of Addis Ababa

Women and Girls with visual impairment and the Blind who have interest and commitment to educate others

Women and Girls with visual impairment and the Blind who do not receive support from any similar organization (to avoid duplication of resources)

Women and Girls with visual impairment and the Blind who do not use begging as their source of income,

Women and youth who have a valid kebele identification card

For details you can navigate www.ethiopiansforethiopiansaddis.org

bekure

3. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 05:59
Nice, France
1 post
4. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Hello, my name is Cynthia, I am a French nurse in Addis for 3months and i would make volunteering. If you could give me some informations about associations and more details about the location of Mother Thereza home, it could be nice.

Thanks

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

hi Cynthia,

The Mother Tereza center is found in Amist Kilo, just Oposite to the famouse music college YARED. If you reach in the school ask anybody who move they will show you or you might find it by yourself by looking on the Opposite side of the school, the doors painted with light Blue and written the name of the center over them.

Good Luck and God Bless.

T.E.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Contact for Mother Teresa in Addis Ababa can be found here on their worldwide main site-

motherteresa.org/07_family/…2a

California
3 posts
7. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Hello lAZPhoenix,

I was in Addis most recently, and I was looking for people like you to work with for a nonprofit. We could work together if you email me or anyone who is interested.

Email: bsun44@yahoo.com

Much Blessing!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Another compassionate organisation to consider:

http://rickhodes.org/

Marina Del Rey
Level Contributor
169 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Will, what did you end up doing? My husband will go to Addis for a two-year assignment, leaving April 2011. I plan to go at least for the summer and would like to find some volunteer work there.

Marina Del Rey
Level Contributor
169 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Volunteer Opportunities in Addis

Thanks for the tip, Green Tee. I sent an e-mail to the Rick Hodes site. We'll see what they have to say.

Edited: 22 November 2010, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Addis Ababa