We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

boston...
1 post
Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Hi everyone, my husband and I went on our first Ethiopia trip about a month ago and I promised myself I would write about my guide because I was just so completely impressed with him. My third time travelling with a guide and I usually feel like they're ok, and after a few days in their presence I start to wish my husband and I had gone on our own... :) But not this time!

This review is for Yusuf Abdusalam, an awesome tour guide we had on our first trip (and only trip so far, but we ARE going back and will absolutely hire him again!) to Ethiopia, which was 12 days in the Southern part of the country. We found Yusuf via an Israeli traveler tips website and he came highly recommended. Out of all the travel guide companies we wrote to he was on of the first to get back to us, and remained incredibly attentive and flexible throughout the planning process and absolutely throughout the entire trip. He adapted to and accommodated each and every one of our requests and preferences from beginning to end with the patience of basically a saint. It was truly a pleasure spending so much time with Yusuf because he has a great energy and love for his country and for showing it in its true identity to those who come to visit, his enthusiasm is infectious and delightful. He is incredibly organized and thoughtful, he knows his stuff and he is, in general, a truly awesome guy who loves to learn about other cultures and genuinely takes an interest in getting to know his clients as much as they get to know him and his amazing homeland. Yusuf quickly became a dear friend to us and we still keep in touch. He made this the trip of a lifetime and also a trip to inspire soooo much more travelling! Thanks Yusuf!!

Toronto, Ontario...
4 posts
1 review
1. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Would you be able to give me Yusuf contact info?

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Hello. I am interested in Yusuf Abdusalam's contact information as well. Thanks.

Addis Ababa...
1 post
3. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

rawnboy2@gmail.com

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Hi everyone.

My partner and I are planning a trip to Danakil and Erta Ale. I've found some tour operators in Europe (UK & Germany) who can arrange such a trip but I was wondering if anyone has any contacts direct in Addis Ababa with whom we could arrange a similar trip direct. Thanks.

Toronto, Ontario...
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Well we ended up booking with Lake Tana Tours located right in Addibas, we are going in December everything is planned out and they were really reasonably priced, I checked out many companies and their prices were the best. I am really looking forward to it

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Does your tour include costs for all local transport (flight to Mekele, 4x4's and camels etc) , food, tents, porters, permits etc etc...

And if I may ask are you factoring in armed guards or is this an overkill?

Thanks

Chevy Chase, MD
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Could you post his contact information? Thank you

Addis Ababa...
3 posts
8. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

I also went on a tour with Yusuf. I went with my father on a ten day trip through southern Ethiopia. We went hiking in Bale (his home district), rode rented motorcycles around Lake Hawassa, visited Durze and Konso villages, and saw hundreds of crocodiles on Lake Chamo. It was an amazing trip and it would not have been the same without Yusuf. I don't have a very good impression of most tour guides but Yusuf was really honest and knows A LOT about Ethiopia. It was a great trip!

I also have his contact info: yusuf.abdusalam@yahoo.com, and his phone is +251 91 244 8814

Addis Ababa...
3 posts
9. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Sorry guys I wrote his phone number down incorrectly. It is +251 91 344 8814.

Chevy Chase, MD
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
10. Re: Ethiopia tour guide! :) Awesome one!

Thank you for your posting. Would you please send me contact information for Josef as we are planning a trip in January or February.