We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Bissau?

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
99 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Visit Bissau?

This post is to encourage all travelers to visit Guinea-Bissau. Not the most recent events, poverty, lack of tap water and power does not surprise anyone in this country. Guinea Bissau is really easy to travel and a bit difficult to reach other places, but once you are here, there is an easy way to get information: do not be afraid to ask for help and communicate (either in French or Creole or Portuguese) people here are easily accessible. I'm in this country since December 2013 and so far have found great friends and great parties to share. Here I realized that we did not need much to be happy.

15 replies to this topic
Freetown, Sierra...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visit Bissau?

Hi Simonest,

Are you still in Bissau? I am looking for language learning opportunities to learn Portuguese in Bissau. Any links or recommendations?

;)

brisbane
Level Contributor
29 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visit Bissau?

The Portuguese Embassy runs classes and they could also provide you with names of private tutors.

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Visit Bissau?

Hi

Can you please tell me how much is the sim card in Genie Bissau alone without offers.

Thanks

brisbane
Level Contributor
29 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visit Bissau?

500 cfa. Just under on USD.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
99 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Visit Bissau?

Hello the SIM card cost only 2 USD and you can get Orange or Mtn... although I used both and MTN was better service provider

Reply to: Visit Bissau?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guinea-Bissau
Recent Conversations
More Guinea-Bissau Topics