We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rwanda Tourist Visa

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
3 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Rwanda Tourist Visa

We are a family of six travelling to Rwanda in the summer. Can we get the Tourist Visa at the Kigali Airport on arrival with the completed visa application for each member of the family and cash for the fees?

13 replies to this topic
Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

Which country do you come from?Rwanda Visa Application can easily be done online with no hussle.Its simple,Follow this Link for Online application.https://www.migration.gov.rw/index.php?id=203.

VISA payment fee can be done on arrival at KIGALI AIRPORT (30usd).Remember the Yellow Book always when entering Rwanda

Travel safe!

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

I believe Canadians have to apply in advance unless you enter another East African country first (such as Kenya) and obtain the East African Visa which is good for Rwanda entry too.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
3 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

Thanks a bunch. Yes we will be travelling from Vancouver and the comments have been most helpful

Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

Hi 181717Mitchells,

my Clients from Canada faced that Problem last November but by chance because they were supposed to fly from Nairobi to Kigali they bought in Nairobi East African Visa, this means that you have to apply for it before and you get a Confirmation.

Thank you and Have Great day.

Golden Rwanda Tours and Travel Team

Langley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

You don't have to apply ahead of time for an East African Tourist Visa if you are arriving in Nairobi. They can be obtained on arrival including for Canadians. However I believe the OP is arriving directly into Kigali.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
3 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

Thank you all. We will probably fly to Rwanda from Tanzania and will have the visa applications completed in advance so that all we have to do is pay the Dollars.

On another topic Our youngest is 13 years old and we know that she will not be permitted to go gorilla tracking due to her age.

Does this also apply to other primates like golden monkeys? Any comments?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

No you need to get it in the country your leaving from. If you go onto the government of a canada website embassy it has all the info there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

What is the policy for citizens of the U.S.A?

The on line system seems quite unresponsive. I tried several times.

I need transit visas to Kenya and Rwanda. Happy to pay for East Africa visa just to get it done.

Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

Hi Bmassand,

Before USA citizens used to come without applying for it but now days even if you will get on arrival day at the airport still you will need to apologize before you come in.

This is changes,

Thank you very much,

Golden Rwanda Tours and Travel Team

Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rwanda Tourist Visa

Sorry, you need to apply for it not apologize

Reply to: Rwanda Tourist Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted