We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

Malden...
Level Contributor
43 posts
public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

I am planning to visit Rwanda. I like to stay in Kigali for 3 nights, then head to Gisenyi. How can I get Gisenyi from Kigali?

I want to directly go to Kigali airport from Gisenyi. Can anyone tell me is there any public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi?

Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Kigali
Level Contributor
72 posts
1. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

Hello,

There is no direct transport from Gisenyi to Kigali airport. You can have a public transport from Gisenyi to Kigali Bus station then a specail tax transport from the bus station to the airport.

Regards

2. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 May 2018, 10:54

Kigali Province...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

All Public Buses from Kigali to Gisenyi are available at NYABUGOGO BUS STATION.

The cost is RW 3,000 one way.

Its not a direct bus,so expect several stop overs en-route as it drops and picks other passengers

It can take upto 3.5hrs to 4hrs and there are daily departures after two hours or once the bus gets full with passengers at the main office.

I hope this helps!

Cheers.

Edited: 29 May 2018, 10:50
5 posts
4. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

Hello,

There is no line Gisenyi - kigali but we (www.nepotours.com) can help by hiring you a car with a driver.

Contact me on +33 6 25 43 72 77.

Regards

Kigali Province...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

Bloomberg C

------"There is no line Gisenyi - kigali "....What do you mean by this please?

Gisenyi, Rwanda
Level Contributor
20 posts
6. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

Hello

There is no direct public buses from Kigali international airport to Gisenyi. what you have to do you take a bus or a taxi from airport to public bus station (NYABUGOGO) where you can get Public bus from Kigali to Gisenyi for about 4$.

ypu are Welcome in Rwanda.

Goma, Democratic...
Level Contributor
43 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

A few above have provided partial information. Complete is as below:

a) Taxi from Kigali Airport to Gisenyi border / Gisenyi town - $75 from us at ali@jefferytravels.com (+243 81 9748012)

b) From Kigali Airport to Nyabugogo bus station in Kigali by either moto-taxi for around Rwandese Francs 1,500 or taxi for $15. Then public bus that moves every 30 minutes. But best is the big NATCO Bus. All are same price Rwandese Francs 3,000. The bus will reach Gisenyi in about 5 hours. From Gisenyi Bus station, take another taxi for 5,000 Francs or Moto-taxi for 500 Rwandese Francs to 'La Corniche' border post or simply dismount at Gisenyi town, if that is your destination.

1,000 Rwandese Francs = 0.85$

Regards

Gisenyi, Rwanda
Level Contributor
20 posts
8. Re: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi

nowadays the price for public bus is 3,300 frw from Kigali bus station (Nyabugogo) to Gisenyi, Rubavu

Reply to: public transportation between Kigali airport and Gisenyi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted