We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Warwickshire
12 posts
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

I am planning to stay in Kigali in October and was wondering if anyone knows how much a taxi might cost from the airport to the centre of town?

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
Kigali City Tour
145 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Distillery Tours
1 Review
from US$25.00*
3-Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari
2 Reviews
from US$2,990.00*
Tilbury, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

I have seen reports on this forum of about $20 for a taxi into the centre of Kigali which I think is expensive. The main point to consider is that taxi fares are negotiable before you get in the car and there is usually more than one taxi around. Don't get hung up about using the next available taxi, use the cheepest.

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
London
Level Contributor
512 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

That's what I paid ($20 from the airport to the Kigali Serena hotel)

What is a fair price then?

Btw Eco Tours would have charged me $50

Mentioned in this post
Kigali Serena Hotel
Kigali Serena Hotel
798 Reviews
Kigali, Rwanda
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

For peace of mind, no-one is going to quibble about £12 for a taxi, even though it's not all that far away. Especially when you consider the cost of getting to LHR from Warwickshire!

But then I am not an expert on Rwandan prices - except I know they are more expensive than Uganda.

Am also interested to know what you think is the right price trooper, as I am likely to fly down there myself?

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Tilbury, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

Shelly, your're right about £12 but it is only about a 15 minute drive to town, obviously depending on the time of day. As everything is negotiable it's worth negotiating with more than one taxi driver, you'll get the price down.

Catherine, the minute you say Serena the price goes up.

Try contacting your hotel as many hotels have started providing free transfers.

Mentioned in this post
Kigali Serena Hotel
Kigali Serena Hotel
798 Reviews
Kigali, Rwanda
Kigali, Rwanda
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

The Taxi from the Airport to town is now around 20 USD or 10 RFW but as trooper08 said you could save a bit by not mentioning big hotels names.

While we are talking about the Airport, We have a new lounge opened since august in Kigali International Airport, we welcome business passengers as well as priority pass cards, but anyone traveling economy can enter and pay the entrance.

info@pearllounges.com

We are looking forward to welcome you.

Edited: 22 September 2011, 05:08
Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
6. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 07:18