We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a Driver

Cumbria
Level Contributor
20 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a Driver

Has anybody here used Rent a Driver in Uganda? We are planning our trip and want to travel from Kampala to Lake Bunyonyi with an overnight stop in Lake Mburo on route, any tips or advise?

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Lake Bunyonyi
Lake Bunyonyi
118 Reviews
Kabale, Uganda
Lake Mburo National Park
Lake Mburo National Park
Western Region, Uganda
3-Day Gorilla Trekking plus...
from US$710.00*
Free Cancellation
25 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Rent a Driver

refer to captsqr@gmail.com for guidance ;)

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Rent a Driver

refer to captsqr@gmail.com

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rent a Driver

We used Rent a Driver in August 2017 for a 13 days trip around Uganda. They proved to be very professional. Phionah is a very competent manager of the company and Jonan, the driver we took, again very competent and very safe drive. I can highly recommend them.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Luanda, Angola
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Rent a Driver

I had my trip with Rent a Driver Uganda in June and it was awesome.

my driver Haruna was really helpful and very friendly. Phionah at the reservations was good she will help you work out your trip . If you need to reach them, check them out at www.rentadriveruganda.com

I so much recommend them

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Kampala
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rent a Driver

This one thing I like about Uganda and it's tour operators! You can easily rent a car and a driver that can work as a guide at the same time, I rented a driver for my 3days safarito murchison falls national park from a a company called Uganda Adventure safaris and it was really a good move for me. I also used this company for my trip to Queen Elizabeth national park, bwindi, lake bunyonyi and they were helpful in organizing everything. I highly recommend them and Smith as the driver.

Their website is www.ugadventure-safaris.com and you can reach Smith via his personal emails aijukasmith@gmail.com.

I understand he has his own Safari car and he knows a lot of things about Uganda.

Try them, you won't regret

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Queen Elizabeth National Park
Queen Elizabeth National...
Western Region, Uganda
Kampala
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rent a Driver

This was posted by a wrong person. Can TripAdvisor delete it?

Edited: 01 September 2017, 15:45
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Rent a Driver

how do you contact them?

Kasese, Uganda
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Rent a Driver

if you want to make your safari very colorful and you get the best safari experience please get expert driver guide who is well knowledgeable in wild life. we would recommend you musinguzi bosco is an expert driver guide well knowledgeable in wild life and diverse information on birds. you can reach him on musinguzi_bosco@yahoo.com telephone +256752318753.

Uganda
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Rent a Driver

You can rent a car with a driver from any tour company, but i would recommend Xavier or Husein

They are good guides.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Rent a Driver

Renting a driver is necessary. Some tourists tend to drive them selves and they end up missing some attractions and other problems. Meanwhile don't forget to do a game drive and a boat cruise in lake Mauro, a boat ride and community walk is essential in lake bunyonyi. Warm regards, Seth

Reply to: Rent a Driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted