We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with short-duration itinerary

Sollitt, Il
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help with short-duration itinerary

Hello!

I'm looking for some input on a short but sweet itinerary. I'm driving myself, so I want to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can manage. I'm wondering if there is some way I can change my itinerary to avoid 9 hours of driving on my last day (Ishasha to Entebbe). I am flexible with my itinerary except that I have to be in Buhoma on April 4 for my gorilla permit.

I fly in to Entebbe at 3:00 am on Mar 31 - I had planned to get a room in Entebbe that night (I will have completed 22 hours of flying).

April 1 - drive to Lake Mburo National Park, stay at Mburo Eagles Nest

April 2 - Lake Mburo, stay at Eagles Nest

April 3 - Buhoma, stay at Bwindi Guest House

April 4 - Gorilla Trek - Buhoma, stay at Bwindi Guest House

April 5 - Drive to QENP Ishasha, stay at Enjojo Lodge

April 6 - QENP Ishasha, stay at Enjojo Lodge

April 7 - Drive back to Entebbe, get a room to rest

April 8 - 3:00 am flight home.

Any way that I could tweak this itinerary to avoid the huge last day of driving? This would depend on whether my lodging could switch my days.

Many thanks!

Gorilla Bookings
Forests, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Waterfalls
1 reply
Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with short-duration itinerary

You have enough days to cover almost all Uganda and enjoy its natural beauty. 8 days and you miss Kazinga channel, Kibale Chimpanzee, Murchison Falls National Parks?.

Get a driver guide at 20-30$ par day, rent a car, fuel it yourself. This will be more cheaper. So this guide will be waiting for you at the airport, plan with you everything on safari as you rest and enjoying. My dear you are coming to Uganda to understand it.

Itenerary advice.

On arrival date

31/03/

Airport pick for short rest to your Lodge.

After Lunch drive to L.Mburo.

Day2 :

1/04

Game drive

Sleep second night eagles nest.

Day3:

2/04

Travel to Buhoma via Scenic Ruhija hillsto Buhoma (though I prefer Ruhija trek to Buhoma)

Day4:

3/04

Gorilla trek

Sleep

Day5

4/04

Drive to Ishasha (1&half hrs drive) it means if you leave Buhoma at 6am by 7:30 am you are on game drive in Ishasha.

Afternoon check in at Enjojo lodge

Again afternoon game drive

Overnight.

But I would prefer having a night at Kazinga channel after the morning game drive.

Day 6

5/04

Kazinga channel

Morning game drive

Afternoon Boat tour on Kazinga channel.

Afternoon drive to Kibale National Park

Overnight Kibale Forest Camp

Day7

06/04

Chimpanzee trek(150$)

Afternoon Bigodi Wetland sanctuary for birds.

Overnight Kibale forest camp.

Day 8

07/04.

Drive to Entebbe (6-7hrs drive)and fly home

Your guide makes sure your Gorilla permit is gotten before you arrive to avoid inconviniences on trek date, in case you booked on line.

Thank you

Reply to: Help with short-duration itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted