We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entebbe

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Entebbe

We are staying in Entebbe for a few days before and after gorilla Trek. Any good suggestions what to do? Must dos?

9 replies to this topic
1. Re: Entebbe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2018, 09:39

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Entebbe

You may sign up 1 Day Chimpanzee viewing at Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, visit UWEC- Uganda wildlife education center, it is the former Zoo.

You may as well go bird watching at Mabamba swamp if you are a shoe bill bird lover

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,746 posts
445 reviews
3. Re: Entebbe

The Imperial Botanical Gardens are worth a visit of you seek a lazy day in the park..

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Entebbe

Entebbe area still has the post colonial charm - from the building to the road network. The old churches/cathedrals - to me are a must visit, the botanical garden, mabamba bay wetland popular for shoebill watching and a trip to Garuga area.

You can contact a local tour operator to help you plan a day trip

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Entebbe

Thank you. yes, I have heard that Jinja is worth a visit

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Entebbe

Thank you. yes, I have heard that Jinja is worth a visit

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Entebbe

Thank you. i think we will spend a few hours there on our first day.

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Entebbe

Thank you. Interesting about the churches/cathedrals-no one else has mentioned them. Will check them out.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
81 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Entebbe

You could also visit one of the islands nearby, you may need to coordinate with a travel agent.

Reply to: Entebbe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted