We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Kampala to Kigali

Vantaa, Finland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses from Kampala to Kigali

Hello people!

I thought to share my experience of travelling by bus from Kampala to Kigali, since many people always wonder about that. I did the trip recently using Trinity Express. They have a fleet of new Yutong and Scania coaches which are quite comfortable and all windows do open if you need some extra air. Buses are equipped with a TV so you will have your fair share of mostly gospel movies and music videos. As usual the buses don't have a toilet but they do make enough stops along the way so that you can survive and of course there is a longer stop at the border. Remember that Rwandans don't like plastic bags! Trip takes around 9 hours but there is some interesting scenery along the way + crossing the equator near Kampala.

Another good company that people often use is Jaguar Coaches. Their bus terminal in Kampala is right next to Trinity one, so you can easily compare both of them. Both have similar schedules with day buses leaving between 7 and 9AM and then there is also the night bus. Prices are the same, 40000 shillings. In Kigali both of them use the Nyabugogo bus terminal.

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
3-Day Gorilla Trekking plus...
from US$710.00*
Free Cancellation
46 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

i really wanted to travel to Rwanda and Burundi...this information has really got on..thanks

Pretoria, South...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

There are many buses on this route, Trinity, Jaguar, Morden Coast, Simba, Mosh Poa. The road is in good condition all the way.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

hey! anybody knows updated schedules and travel times?

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
45 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

Hello people!

I need to find a way to go from Kampala to Goma

I wrote an e mail to jaguar coach company and they say that they have two buses every day: one leaving at 20:00 and another leaving at 21:00

the both take 12h and cost 45,000

does any body have more info about other companies?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Save Reply
35. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

Hi , i wish to acknowledge the information given above . I want to do a Road trip KISUMU,KAMPALA,KIGALI AND KIGOMA kindly advise

Mentioned in this post
Kisumu
Kisumu
Nyanza Province, Kenya
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
Kampala
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

@mfre

The rest of the buses stop in Rwanda

Khartoum, Sudan
3 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

Can you book to get off at the border or say to get off in Kabale rather than going all the way to Kampala?

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Khartoum, Sudan
3 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

What about the opposite direction-Kigali to Kambale? Kathy

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
1 post
Save Reply
39. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but just a quick question -- how do you book in advance? Is it online or do you just go to the station and book it a couple of days early? And how far in advance is advisable?

Very respectfully,

Ellie

Kigali Province...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Buses from Kampala to Kigali

You strongly need the certificate to be eligible for the EATV. It is an essential criterion.

Wishing you an excellent trip!

Everest, Managing Director - Paradise Safaris Africa

Reply to: Buses from Kampala to Kigali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted