We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

We had an incredible vacation in India and want to express our appreciation for the way you and "Explore India" took care of all the details and more for the members in our small group. The hotels were superb; the food was delicious; and the transportation arrangements and tours in each location were top quality! We would like to make special mention of our driver and driver’s assistant. As you know it is no easy task driving and parking in India. They made our group’s special requests for small diversions during the tour magically happen with grace and always a smile and our mini bus was cleaned each evening. Furthermore, experiencing transportation by car, mini bus, jeep, small boat, rickshaw, camel cart and elephant in India are "must do’s” in this large and diverse country.

There were too many outstanding experiences to mention them all, but we wish to highlight a few. We were in awe at the Taj Mahal. Seeing it at sunset from the opposite river bank and then again before sunrise was spectacular. Ranthambhorne National Forest was a major adrenaline rush with us experiencing our safari in small jeeps and seeing both a large Bengal tiger and a leopard! In Jaipur we appreciated the opportunity to book an independent experience for the two of us at Elefantastic, elephant sanctuary. We will remember this experience for a lifetime. Our extension to Varanasi was remarkable and so glad to have witnessed life and death on the River Ganges, along with everyday life in this oldest living city in the world! Lastly, our extension to GOA for four nights to rest and relax along the Arabian Sea before heading home and seeing the Portuguese impact on this tiny state was also memorable. Your contacts in GOA were excellent and looked after our every need.

We will highly recommend "Explore India" to anyone wishing to see and experience this truly remarkable country.

17 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

I wholeheartedly echo all the above comments! A group of 6 of us has just returned from 18 fabulous days in India and Bhutan, organized and delivered impeccably by Nazir and the entire Explore India team in Vancouver and Delhi. We had a fantastic guide throughout with additional local guides in several places, and were greeted and supported at every stage. India is diverse and beautiful; as well as Delhi, Agra, Varanasi and Jaipur, we visited Mumbai and Aurangabad for the AMAZING stone caves and temples at Ajanta and Ellora. Hotels, meals, vehicles were all great. It is a very large country and we did a lot every day, including beautiful Bhutan, but the coordination and attention to detail of the Explore India team made it easy and comfortable. Every one of us would recommend Explore India to anyone planning a trip. Thanks to everyone at Explore India.

St. Catharines...
1 post
2. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

We highly recommend Explore India as a tour company..We took a tour in February and had a wonderful vacation. The hotels were first class and the food choices were many. We saw many wonderful sights .The tour company took excellent care of us and everything flowed beautifully.

Our guide Harry was extremely knowledgeable and strived to make everyone comfortable. He provided many extras that were not in our itinerary that made the trip even more special.

Rajeev and Mansoor checked on us often and were there for us at every turn. They wanted to make sure that everything was to our liking which it was..They are both very caring and affable.

My husband misplaced his passport during the trip and we were so well taken care of by this tour company at every turn.Nazir moved mountains to get us a delayed flight back. I've were so happy to be on this tour as we were guided at every step to overcome this difficulty.

This company made this trip a tour of a lifetime.

We are looking into doing the Southern tour of India next year because we were so pleased with the Northern one.

Would very highly recommend anyone going to India to book with this tour

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
835 reviews
3. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

We took the Camel Safari tour November 2016. Everything within Explore India Journeys control was first class - airport pickup and drop-off, hotels, coaches, sites visited, meals, experiences. I had a serious medical emergency and the tour director provided an amazing amount of assistance. I recommend if you take the Tiger safari at Ranthambore National Park insist that the rangers stop whenever and wherever it is safe for a pee break. Take an N95 Particulate Respirator Mask (CAD8) for Delhi and Agra smog.

4. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 April 2017, 22:35

St. Catharines...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

We have travelled extensively throughout the world for the last 25 years so we feel we can speak with some experience. Explore India is an organization we will be confident to recommend to any one wanting to travel to India. The trip was exciting, varied, challenging and interesting, all essential components for us when we consider planning a vacation. The service offered was outstanding beginning with the help you personally gave us to obtain our visas. We encouraged friends to join us on this trip and the assistance you have given to them when they had a problem is truly impressive. We certainly commend you, Mansur and Rajeev in particular for the tireless efforts on their behalf and ours.

Nearly all the hotels were very comfortable with good amenities and good food not normally associated with hotel buffets. The Taj Palace in Delhi and the Tigress Resort in Ranthambore are particularly noteworthy. The availability of bottled water in hotels and on the coach without additional charge was much appreciated and allowed us to focus on enjoying the exploration in comfort and safety.

The program offered met our expectations and more. We feel we have a good sense of the wonders of north India and visited many of the sites associated with mystical India and experienced a touch of Indian culture. We were also lucky that we were part of an interesting group that contributed to our enjoyment.

We are booked for Jewels of South India next year already!

Waterloo, Canada
1 post
6. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

April 14-24, 2017

Hi Mandira and Nazir, Thank YOU!

I really believe this trip surpassed my every expectation. Some I could never have imagined...

Mandira to start, you are such a professional and efficient asset to your company. I needed and loved each and everyone of your phone calls. Thank you for suggesting ( and naming) the various Indian foods to try. I did try so many and was so impressed. All of your suggestions proved more than helpful.

Nazir, you do run a tight ship! Your initial information was the fuel to help us decide to tour Magical India! It was truly Magical and with your staff in India it was delightful and enjoyable.

Just being welcomed by Harry Ji was a happy start to our excursion. Harry is a knowledgeable man and shared his India with us in a most entertaining manner. One of a kind!

The professional drivers and helpers on the buses made for a relaxing and thrilling ride.

As we were treated like Kings and Queens while visiting so many Royal and Majestic venues, each day got better!

We asked each other after the first day....how are they going to top today? Well WOW! You Did!

So many highlights. I need to take awhile to summarize and review all that we did!

Your tour of India with Explore India was my best trip Yet!

Namaste,

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
7. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

As my husband and I stepped out of the airport in Delhi on a hot, humid late September night it was obvious that we had stepped into another world. It was a world vibrant with colour, teaming with humanity and an absolute feast for our senses.  In a way it was hard to believe that we were actually in India, as our trip had been a spur of the moment decision a few months earlier, sparked by a small Explore India ad in the travel section of the Vancouver Sun.

Not having travelled with a tour prior to this trip, we were a bit concerned about how the itinerary would work for the two of us who tend to be rather “foot-loose and fancy-free”. Our interactions with Mandira and Nazir here in Canada were incredibly positive and this positive interaction continued with all the staff throughout India. Our first morning quickly dispelled any concerns we had as we were introduced to Rajeev, the Explore India manager in the Delhi office who so competently managed all the details throughout our trip, Harry, our erudite, articulate and enthusiastic guide, and our driver and his assistant who took such good care of us throughout our journey.

Our tour was a small group, and we quickly melded into a cohesive group, enjoying each other’s company and sharing in the delight of exploring northern India together.

Our Impressions of India tour was extremely well organized and the itinerary provided us with the opportunity to see the majority of historical sites in the Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Khajuraho, Varanasi and the rural areas we visited. India’s history is complex and as a result the tour provided us with many insights into the world and architecture of the Mugals, Rajputs, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists. All of the sites we visited were both impressive and moving however none more so that the shimmering beauty of the Taj Mahal in Agra. 

While we found the cities fascinating, the countryside and its people were even more interesting to both of us. The monsoons were plentiful this past year and as a result the countryside was lush and green. The larger villages were filled with a variety of shops including small auto shops to service the multitude of vehicles and motorcycles on the road, vendors of local produce, household goods, and numerous clothing stores stacked to the ceiling with brightly coloured fabrics, saris and scarves. Street vendors had small carts with the most interesting and delectable food offerings. As our stomachs grew accustomed to the Indian diet, and with our guide Harry’s direction, we were able to try some local street food specialties including deep fried vegetarian balls dipped into a spicy cilantro sauce, crispy potato samosas, refreshing paan in Varanasi, local sweets, and masala chai made with camel milk at a small remote tea stand. Food was excellent wherever we were with a variety of curries and Indian specialties available at every meal. There was nothing better than freshly baked garlic naan with each and every meal.

A request to stop by the roadside so that I could photograph the women working in the fields, turned into an incredible opportunity to stop at a tiny village  where we we able to interact with some of the villagers. I think the villagers were as intrigued with us as we were with them as foreigners had never stopped in their village before.

Throughout our trip, we continued to have opportunities to interact with the local people which was a pleasure for all of us. A highlight was an unplanned stop at a government-sponsored school in rural Rajasthan. We arrived just as the whole school, from kindergarten to high school was meeting in the centre courtyard. The children and teachers were thrilled to meet us and we were equally thrilled to meet them.

India, a rich and vibrant country, provided us with the most fascinating multi-sensory experiences and gave us just a small glimpse into its world and its warm and welcoming people. We feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to have been there and feel equally fortunate to have found the Explore India company which provided us with such an incredible variety of experiences in a short period of time. We definitely could not have seen or experienced as much as we did without their fascinating, well-planned and well-executed itinerary.

We are already planning to return to India, and of course, when we do, we will book with Explore India.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
8. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

We used Explore India Journeys for our trip to India. The company was extremely professional and well-organized. They provided excellent guides and accommodations and I would highly recommend them. They were never late for a meet. The driver they provided was beyond exceptional. Overall a first rate company.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
9. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

My husband & I have travelled extensively. We were very impressed with the service, accommodations, food & guides that were arranged for us by Nazir from Explore India in Vancouver. He planned every detail according to our wishes.We did not want to travel with a group, so Nazir arranged a private driver & itinerary for the 2 of us. We requested some changes mid-trip and it was never a problem. Our driver for 18 days, Mr Ishtyaq Ali was amazing! If we were late to meet him or wanted an unplanned stop he never complained. He would wait for us outside restaurants until we were ready to go. He was very patient. Our trip to India was incredible, from the rickshaw ride in Old Delhi & touring the Akshardham temple, to travelling to rural India as well. Our stay at Ramathra Fort was amazing. Listening to jackals & hyenas at night was a unique experience. We loved Jaipur & Jodhpur but were particularly impressed with Ajmer ( our guide Dalut was fantastic). One of the most incredible experiences that Nazir planned for us was a sunset camel ride in the desert which ended with a fantastic meal set out for us surrounded by local musicians. We felt like we were on a national geographic trip.The quality of food during our entire trip was outstanding. Nazir even arranged reservations for us at some specific restaurants that I had requested.

Throughout our trip we always felt safe & appreciated the fact that we could make changes to our itinerary.

Nazir at Explore India arranged an amazing trip. I would highly recommend him & this company.

Liz

Invermere, Canada
2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.

My friend and I have travelled extensively and normally on our own and on cruises, however we knew we should do India with the professionals.

Well we did! We were introduced to Explore India through Cruise Connections and we booked our trip to arrive in New Delhi on November 9th, 2016. We were met at the airport at 2:00 a.m. and taken to our Hotel and they even checked us in. The next morning we met our group and our Tour Guide Sandeep. We proceeded to have 16 glorious days with a tremendous group of people, expert drivers, top notch hotels and the best guide ever.

We toured Delhi, then travelled to Darjeeling (everyone must do the road to Darjeeling - up & back) - it was one of our highlights. Then Agra & the Taj, Jaipur and the Pink Palace, Ranthambore Tiger Reserve and Varanasi.

I have been asked often why on earth would you go to India? My reply is why on earth would you not go? It is a wonderous country, the people are warm and friendly and pleased that you have come. We at no time felt unsafe and we were kept busy the whole time. We saw the most beautiful temples, forts and country side. Who would not want to see the Taj Mahal in Agra and feel and touch it and know the story behind it - what a Love Story it is. Then an Elephant ride up to the Pink Palace in Jaipur and a Hotel across from the Floating Palace.

Varanasi, the oldest city with the Holy Ganges, the funeral pyres at night, the prayers on the Ganges and you cannot leave there without feeling deeply moved by the people and their faith and beliefs.

A safari through Ranthambore Tiger Reserve gave me my first experience of seeing a wild Bengal Tiger up close and not a cage in sight - absolutely beautiful and she knew she was perfectly safe.

We saw everything you can in the time we had, arrived the day the 500 and 1000 rupee's were no longer valid and saw a country of people who graciously accepted the hardship this caused, knowing it was for the best for them all.

All the posts that are here will surely encourage anyone to rest assured that you will have one of the best experiences of your life - your senses will be on overload and you will love every minute of it....

It was so good that the group we were with decided that we should all go back together in November of 2018 and have asked Explore India's Nazir to put a tour together for us. He has agreed and said he will even arrange to have Sandeep our guide travel with us again. So to Nazir and Mandira we say Thank You. We know whatever you arrange will be the best.

Namaste

Karen

Reply to: Explore India Journeys - Vancouver BC.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted