We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
95 reviews
GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

I found a guy named Tarun in Delhi trhough TripAdvisor prior to going to Delhi. I am so thankful and I was SO IMPRESSED with this guy that I really wanted to give back to the TripAdvisor community and make sure everyone knows about him.

This guy was absolutely THE BEST. I'm a US guy and I went with a female friend from Japan to India Oct 29-Nov 6, 2011. We both LOVED Tarun. You can contact him at: tarunsharma.delhi@yahoo.com

Some highlights:

1. He helped me arrange our itinerary in advance of the trip and gave advice about where to go, what to do, what to wear, etc.

2. His English is perfect - absolutely no issues in communication at all.

3. His attitude is AWESOME - it was immediately like hanging out with your best friend. He is likable, sociable, funny, and outgoing.

4. He is knowledgable - he knew where to go, what to do, and what to avoid

5. He can take you to the touristy spots, or off the beaten path both.

6. Great taste in food - he brought us to an unknown restaurant that had awesome biryani and butter chicken. wow! so delicious!

7. I got food poisoning while on our own in Agra, and when we got back into Delhi a couple days later he completely took care of me, putting up with a sick tourist and helping me go to the pharmacy, etc. He was caring and was checking up on me later after we left Delhi - he is a genuinely nice guy who truly befriends his clients and does his best for them.

8. His rates were beyond reasonable.. I felt they were too low for how incredible he was - we tipped him almost double his quoted rate and feel he was worth a ton more.

I only wish we had utilized him and his father's travel service so they could have helped us more before we booked all our hotels in India ourselves. Tarun gave me his father's travel service web site for future reference: www.adventureholidaytours.com

If Tarun's service is any indication of the obviously high caliber of service and integrity that his family holds then I can easily believe they can help others with their trips to India, as well. I can recommend him highly enough.

If you are in Delhi and need a driver, or you need help booking travel then certainly contact Tarun and/or his father's travel business. It will be worth every bit you spend and more.

Best wishes on your travels to India - it will certainly be an unforgettable experience!!!

Liège, Belgium
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

I can only confirm and agree with all what you said above. For me, Tarun and his father are the best option if you need the services of a travel agent because they are not only business minded.

They are really honest and trustable. They try to give you the best for the budget you can spend and for me it was also worth much more than the money I paid.

When you go around Delhi or out of the city, Tarun knows a lot of nice and cheap places to eat and to stay. He never makes you spend more than necessary.

He is himself a very good driver and takes care until the last minute of your stay.

Thanks again Mr Charma and Tarun. You just made my stay so enjoyable.

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
2. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

Seems like you guys had real fun. This will be very helpful for travelers.

Cheers !

Clarck

3. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2011, 11:41
Houston
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

It makes me happy to see more and more positive references for the Sharma's. Tarun and his dad are something special, and I consider myself very lucky that I found them. I was even crazy enough to just arrive in Delhi, stay in their home, and entrust them to guide me in choosing places to see.

There's so much to see and do in India, I didn't even know where to begin. I got very lucky. Blandmc, everything you said about Tarun is true. I think they really do undercut themselves pricewise, and they are worth more. I stayed with them in October -November 2010, and I'll be returning the Spring of 2012. I'm due for Chennai, but I'm making a special stop by Delhi just to see them. That's how awesome they were. I was there during Diwali, and a Spanish man who had stayed with them a few months back came to wish them well on Diwali, simply because they made such an impact on him.

The Sharma's have many fans.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
5. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

Thanks for the info.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
203 reviews
6. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

Thanks for your post ( and for others) regarding the Sharmas . I have contacted them regarding driving us during our stay in Northern India. Has anyone taken the tour that they offer "Northern India" 13 nights/14 days that they offeron their web site? Or, used them to book hotels, tours and guides?

7. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2011, 11:41
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
203 reviews
8. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

Thank you very much for your reply.

Liège, Belgium
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

I used their services for this northern tour and also for other places and I really appreciate the driver Prem which is also a very nice guy. He did everything to make me feel comfortable and happy and as I said before The Sharma's father and son gave me always excellent service.

I'll go back to India next year and no doubt I will trust them again for the organisation of my trip because I could not find a better option.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
365 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: GREAT driver and travel service in India - WOW!

My daughter (13) and myself MOM, contacted Tarun to be our guide for the India section of rtw trip one year ago today!!!!!! He never ever let us down and above all made every effort known to man to help us with each situation that came to us. We LOVED being part of his family, making jokes, eating out with him and traveling. I must tell you that this young man met us at 330 am in Locknow airport so that we could save some money by not flying into Delhi. He arranged transportation, a room for us, and made us feel very comfortable til we got our travel legs back on!