I found a guy named Tarun in Delhi trhough TripAdvisor prior to going to Delhi. I am so thankful and I was SO IMPRESSED with this guy that I really wanted to give back to the TripAdvisor community and make sure everyone knows about him.
This guy was absolutely THE BEST. I'm a US guy and I went with a female friend from Japan to India Oct 29-Nov 6, 2011. We both LOVED Tarun. You can contact him at: email@example.com
1. He helped me arrange our itinerary in advance of the trip and gave advice about where to go, what to do, what to wear, etc.
2. His English is perfect - absolutely no issues in communication at all.
3. His attitude is AWESOME - it was immediately like hanging out with your best friend. He is likable, sociable, funny, and outgoing.
4. He is knowledgable - he knew where to go, what to do, and what to avoid
5. He can take you to the touristy spots, or off the beaten path both.
6. Great taste in food - he brought us to an unknown restaurant that had awesome biryani and butter chicken. wow! so delicious!
7. I got food poisoning while on our own in Agra, and when we got back into Delhi a couple days later he completely took care of me, putting up with a sick tourist and helping me go to the pharmacy, etc. He was caring and was checking up on me later after we left Delhi - he is a genuinely nice guy who truly befriends his clients and does his best for them.
8. His rates were beyond reasonable.. I felt they were too low for how incredible he was - we tipped him almost double his quoted rate and feel he was worth a ton more.
I only wish we had utilized him and his father's travel service so they could have helped us more before we booked all our hotels in India ourselves. Tarun gave me his father's travel service web site for future reference: www.adventureholidaytours.com
If Tarun's service is any indication of the obviously high caliber of service and integrity that his family holds then I can easily believe they can help others with their trips to India, as well. I can recommend him highly enough.
If you are in Delhi and need a driver, or you need help booking travel then certainly contact Tarun and/or his father's travel business. It will be worth every bit you spend and more.
Best wishes on your travels to India - it will certainly be an unforgettable experience!!!