We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

1 post
Save Topic
Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

I'm a seasoned, independent traveler who has never used a tour company. My husband and I are going to do a nine day tour of India's golden triangle and Varanasi in March. Since our time is so limited there we thought it might be best to take out the thrill and uncertainty of making in country travel arrangements on our own. We got a quote from Kensington Tours because they offer private tours and I have read good things about them in articles, but since then have read both bad and good of them. Some reviewers felt like they could have done the same tour with local tour operators booked at the hotel. I really dislike group tours but am more concerned with the travel logistics being ironed out because of our limited time. So the question is for you similar travelers...am I really getting a service worth the money by going with Kensington or am I better off spending a little time making the between city travel arrangements and booking private drivers at our hotels? Thank you for your advice and opinions.

39 replies to this topic
1. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 January 2018, 11:28

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
480 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

I have just returned from a trip with http://www.adventureholidaytours.com

I chose this company after reading great reviews on this site and wasn't disappointed. I found them honest, reliable, friendly, flexible and very personalized. I have done two trips to India and found the private driver the best way to go. It is reasonably priced and takes every single hassle out of the trip.

Please contact me with a link to my blog if you are interested in reading about my experiences with them..

Edited: 25 November 2014, 19:28
Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

Hi my husband and I just did the golden triangle and Varanasi with kensinton tour . I can not say enough good things about the company the service was 5 star we had the best driver the van was spotless every time we got in everyone was always on time if not early to pick us up. The guides where top notch India can be a very stressful country to travel in and we did not ever experience that in the 15 days we where there best trip I have ever been on. And we have traveled independently and with groups I would never hesitate to use kensinton tours in the future.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

My wife and I returned from Mumbai on Monday. Kensington handled all the arrangements for a 16 day trip to Delhi, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Mumbai. Arrangements were seamless, timely and effortless. Corporate stayed in touch regularly and local representatives were in attendance at each step along the way. In short, they did a great job. We have historically handled planning for our various trips and consider ourselves experienced travelers but I must say that Kensington took the anxiety out of our vacation and allowed us to simply focus on the people and places we were visiting. We came home with a very positive view of our whole experience and Kensington's attention to detail is one of the reasons why.

Kindest regards.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

Hi forgot to mention the sunita Singh who made all our arrangements for our trip to India she is the expert to talk to at Kensington she will help customize your trip to your needs .

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

I completely agree with you my husband and I felt the same way ?

New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

Dear visitors

As per your experience of independent traveler I suggest go independently owned designed tour of golden triangle with varanasi. its very easy and convenient to arrange each and everything and most important is you going to give work also anyone else who might be able to work independently.it is more important you can help someone. I suggest this circle is very easy to cover by independently and enjoy your tour without any problems.

Thanks and regards

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

We traveled to India and used Kensington Tours last March. Our agent was Sunita Singh. Everything was arranged perfectly. We had private guides and drivers throughout the trip. Our trip was in Northern India...Rajastan and the guides we had spoke excellent English and we had the flexibility to stop when we wanted or spend extra time at some places. My husband loves photography and India is such an amazing place for photos. An organized tour would not give us that extra flexibility we needed

Sunita was wonderful. Don't hestite to use them

We will definitely plan another Asian trip with them soon

Dee in Boca

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

We have used Kensington Tours for several years. They do an outstanding job in organizing everything to our needs, requests, etc. They tailor the trip to meet all our requests. They are a first rate organization. Sunita Singh of Kensington planned everything to our complete satisfaction, on our trip to India and Sri Lanka. This is really a great way to travel, with private car, driver, guide, excellent hotels. We hope to use Kensington again.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?

Golden triangle and Varanasi are very popular tourist destinations and good infrastructure for tourism. On TA you will find lot of information that wil help you to organise your tour independently.

For any specific information you can always come to forum with your queries.

deepak

Reply to: Use Kensington Tour or go independent?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted