We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

L
7 posts
Save Topic
Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

I will be reaching Kathmandu in the 1st week of May 12

Me and my GF would like to stay in remote hilly areas of Nepal.

The place should preferably be

1.COLD

2.Maybe have some SNOW

3.Reachable by Taxi or Air

4.Have a decent Hotel to stay

Cheers

Thanks

Raja Babu

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Hello Raja

Kathmandu in May is warm and you will have to travel to a pretty high altitude to get into snowy areas. Not reachable by taxi or air without several days/weeks of trekking. I doubt it is possible to find any decent hotels in theese areas, but maybe lodges/tea-houses of good quality.

Then you could go by private helicopter (very expenssive), but I am affraid that flying into high altitude and staying there for several days without acclimatization, will just put you in high risk of altitude sickness.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Daaaang Dude!!!!

cold- snow - taxi or air- hotel-May ........huh??

I can give you 3 out of 3 easily.

only few otions with 4 out of 5

but 5 out of 5 hmmmm.............................

cold- A or T - hotel - May (4 out 5) => Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, Jomsom, Daman, Lukla (very slim to no chance of snow)

Cold - snow - hotel - May (4 out 5) => ABC, Gosaikunda, Ghorakshep (some chance of snow, but need to trek to get there)

cold - snow - may (3 out 5) => Upper himlayas -above 15K Feet (snow alomst always guranteed but no hotel and need to trek to get there)

L
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Many thanks for your replies...appreciate.

I have done net search of all the places you have mentioned including on Wikitravel and I particularly like Nagarkot and Pokhara...

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Wonderful places but not cold and without snow. You can see a great view and the snowy mountains in the distance ;-)

Namaste

Rongpuk

Edited: 05 April 2012, 02:40
L
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Heloo..Namaste jee,

Any place with snow - reachable by road ?

Thanks

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Hoina! Chaina! I'm really sorry, but Nepal is in a Tropical area. Then You have to take count that, you'll be there in MAY, the hotest month in India/Nepal area. Snow is only in Himal, in Mountain, and in Nepal a 3500mt high mountain is not a mountain but a Hill. it's really rare to find snow also at 3000meters of altitude in the winter, so how could you find it in May?

the snow is in the mountains and no one of this place with snow is reachable by car. you can choose to do a trekking to the base camp of annapurna, or machhapucchare or everest, and after 6 days walk you'll reach the snow.

By car not possible.

Mero namaskar

Rongpuk

L
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

Namaste jee....

Thank you very much for your detailed description of the weather in Nepal.

We have now preponed our vist to the middle of April...but ofcourse we do not expect to have snow.

However, we really hope the weather will be cool and comfortable.

Dhayawad...Namastey

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

The weather will be warm. If you want to see the snow and touch it, you can go in Ladakh, in India. You take a flight to Leh from Delhi. then when you're in Leh, you can go to Khardung La and go back by car in one day. This Pass is the highest pass of the world that you can cross by car. Here there's lot of snow. You'll be at more than 5600 mt.

Namaste

Rongpuk

9. Re: Please suggest off beat places in the HILLS of Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 05:37