We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

I find that a lodging search in Pokhara is very confusing as there seem to be 3 categories of lodging ....Hotels, B & B's and speciality Lodges. Each one with their own ranking.

Can somewone give me a breakdown as to the differences between the 3 categories ? Thanks

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Good Question

I Think it is more a quirk of the TA review system as opposed to what you will actually find on the ground

Hotels should be the higher end, But this isn’t always the case as all hotels provide food so could be classed as B+B’s

Lodges tend to be simpler but also provide food as well as beds so could be classed as either, In Nepal most people refer to accommodation on trek as either lodges or teahouses.

Good Luck in your search

Rob

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
2. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Thanks Rob. It's a muddle !!

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Hi Rosemary Greetings On Behalf Of HAN Executive Body We Catogorized B/B Are Accommodation Owned & Runs By Family (Family Run) As Similar Like Guest Houses. Hotels Means A Place Where They Employee Many Staffs , Have Additinal Service & Facility I.E. Restaurant Cafe , So On....Regards Raja !!! Sorry There Is No Catogorized Of Especillity Lodging In Hotel Association Nepal , this is Just TA Category

Edited: 09 January 2012, 09:41
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
4. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Thanks Raja

5. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 07:14
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
6. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Thanks, Marcus. We'll be there in April !

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

I aren’t so sure about Cotton_M as all his postings seam to be Touting for Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge or Tiger Tops Jungle Lodge

In fact he even admitted being CEO for Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge on this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/…31556786

Just Too many Touts on TA these days without enough Genuine Travellers still posting to keep them down and No Help from TA to boot

Oh Hum

Rob

8. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 07:14
Auckland
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
9. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

we stayed at Harvest moon which has 5 rooms in owners complex and was US$10 a night for 3 adults...room has shower and toilet ...simple and clean and there is menu for all meals cooked in family kitchen....about US$2 per meal....I'd call it a lodge.

Pokhara
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Hotel, B & Bs and Specialty Lodges in Pokhara

Lodge:- Only rooms

BBs :- room and breakfast(may /may not be full time restaurant for lunch and

diner)

Hotel :- room and restaurant (provision of breakfast,lunch and dinner)

Resort :- there is no actual resort which really means "resort" (western style) in

Lake-side,though you could see resort in most of the street.

Tiger Mountain Lodge is not bad choice if you looking for country-side hotel but you should be aware it's out of Pokhara,

@Rosemary..you are coming Pokhara on great season(april).Good luck for best choice.

Raj

Hotel View Point

hotel@hviewpoint.com