We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Go to Alishan & Where the TRA schedule ???

bkk
4 posts
Save Topic
How to Go to Alishan & Where the TRA schedule ???

I want to Go to AliShan and I have All schedule& price HSR already

But I dont know anything about TRA

I want to compare price,time between HSR/TRA

-Where I can get the time schedule of TRA from TaiChung to Chiayi and from Chiayi to TPE? And How about the price ?

-If I not miss understand TRA Station of Taichung is same place with TaiChung HSR Station right ? Coz last time I passed Taichung HSR Station.

-If I take HSR From Taichung to Chiayi I must Exit from Chiayi Staion Exit 2 and take the bus BRT to Chiayi Bus station (Where I must stand to wait for the bus Exit2 ,in front of HSR station or opposite HSR station ?) A bus take 30-45 mins.

-How long to get TPE if I take TRA from Chiayi About 4hrs. or more than this ? and The Price How much ?

Thx for all of ur kind

I

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Go to Alishan & Where the TRA schedule ???

Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) train schedule:

new.twtraffic.com.tw/TWRail_EN/index.aspx

TRA train ticket prices: service.tra.gov.tw/tw/ticketprice/excel.aspx

The railway ticket fares can be found in the Chinese version of website, not the English version.

TRA station distances: …tra.gov.tw/tw/CP/16324/mileages-1.aspx

Taichung Railway (TRA) Station is in Taichung downtown. Taichung HSR Station is in Wurih, on the outskirts of Taichung city. It takes about 25~30 mins bus ride from Taichung downtown to Taichung HSR Station.

Chiayi BRT shuttle bus: wwm.cibus.com.tw/modules/tinyd0/index.php…

Boarding point at Chiayi HSR Station: 高鐵嘉義站 (exit 2 of Chiayi HSR Station)

Alighting point at Chiayi TRA Station: 台鐵嘉義後站 (和運租車前面,博愛路二段228號)

Fare: NT$44

Chiayi Bus Rapid Transit BRT Shuttle bus schedule: thsrc.com.tw/download/transfer_bus_2009_v090…

2. Re: How to Go to Alishan & Where the TRA schedule ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 02:15