We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

This is our 3rd trip to Taiwan, and we had a great trip as usual. Taiwanese are a very friendly bunch of people, sightseeing places are beautiful and food is yummy!

Having driver cum guide brings much convenience when traveling, saves time and can bring you to places where locals enjoy.

Our usual driver was not available and he recommended his friend, 鄭國輝 (Xiao Zheng).

We booked his services for 5 days starting at Taichung>Tainan (guanziling, Anping area)>Nantou(Puli, cingjing, hehuanshan)>hualien (east Rift Valley, various scenic attractions)>yilan (jiaosi hot spring, lanyang museum, mr brown cafe castle)> new Taipei (jiufen, shifen, jintong).

Our driver, Xiao Zheng was ever obliging to help us take photos (even when he had to climb up steep slope for a good shot). He is good at taking videos too, has steady hands and eye for good angles (he has background as a cameraman).

He never rushed us at the attractions, allowing us to cover the places at our speed, to our content; even when it meant finishing after 8pm on some days at no additional charge.

When he heard that we were craving for some late night snacks, he offered to drive us to the convenience store at 9pm+ though it was a 5-10min walk, as the road was dark.

Throughout the trip, he also bought us much local snacks for us to savor at his own expense.

He is down to earth and not the chatty kind, but can talk about anything under the sun if you are interested.

He also loaned us a local handphone so that it was easy for us to stay in contact and also make local calls when necessary.

He is based in Taichung and does all-Taiwan trips too. He can recommend accommodation to you and book on your behalf when required. His charges are reasonable too.

We had an enjoyable trip with him and travelled like a local. Hope that your trip will be a great one too!

You can contact him for his services at below;

Email/ Watsapp/ Line/ Skype:

鄭國輝 ( (Xiao Zheng)

r121876643@yahoo.com.tw

+886 932-535-466

Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

HI,

I am planning to go Taiwan - Taichung early Nov.

May I know how much does it cost for your 5 days tour with the guide?

Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Hi Xueren,

It was TWD4-5K per day.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Hi, Can I know how many his car can take. I have a family of 8 so its kinda difficult to get transport

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Hi there

U have mention It was TWD4-5K per day.

==> Does the above rate, included The Driver Accommodation? If not, do U need to pay or it driver own arrangement?

I have friend who are Interested

Thank U :D

Edited: 01 October 2013, 11:22
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Hi ricnjoe,

Xiao Zheng drives a Toyota wish. It can take 6 passengers with very small car boot space. For 8 pax, U will need to engage 2 cars or 1 big car. I have seen forummers giving 9 seater driver recommendations.

Me^only, it is all-in. No additional charges.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Neat, Thank U :D

singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

Hi we are looking for people to share cab. (there's only 2 of us)

14/11/2013 - wulai to cingjing

15/11/2013 - cingjing - monster village - Taichung

Does any of your timings happen to match ours? Perhaps we could share to lower the travelling cost.

Kindly email me at yue.ni@hotma.com

8. Re: Sharing: Good driver cum guide, Xiao Zheng 鄭國輝 (Taichung)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 00:17