We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation card Tainan

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
Transportation card Tainan

First time visiting Tainan .is there any sort of a transportation card that will cover all buses, trains and taxis ? Or any two of the three ? if there is, what is the name of this card? I am trying to look up information so I will know how to get around .

7 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
1. Re: Transportation card Tainan

Stored value cards can be purchased at convenience stores, cost NT$100 and contains no balance, so be sure to recharge the card with some credit. The NT$100 is non-refundable and there is no deposit. All remaining credit in stored value cards can be later refunded at MRT stations.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
2. Re: Transportation card Tainan

Thank you. What is the name of the stored value card?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
3. Re: Transportation card Tainan

The two most common stored value cards are Easycard and iPass.

3 posts
4. Re: Transportation card Tainan

I've gotta know about buses and you bike in Tainan. What are their working hours if you don't mind me asking? And also is it true there's none MRT in Tainan at the moment? Thanks.

Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
367 posts
82 reviews
5. Re: Transportation card Tainan

Depends on route. They generally stop running by 10pm although there are exceptions and some stop running earlier, the last bus into Tainan on my local route is 9:20pm.

MRT? Nope. Tainan's quite congested though, and there are plans for an MRT system although, I'll believe it when I see it... in about 20 years!

3 posts
6. Re: Transportation card Tainan

Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Transportation card Tainan

The EasyCard now covers most buses and trains in Taiwan as well as the MRTs in Taipei and Kaohsiung. It does not cover taxis. Yay cab also use it at convenience stores. You can pick up an EasyCard at Taoyuan Airport and load it up with some initial value. You can top it up later at convenience stores or MRT stations. It makes travelling on trains and buses much more convenient.

Reply to: Transportation card Tainan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tainan
Recent Conversations