We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Hi all, need help on this. How and What is the cheapest way from Taoyuan Airport to XMD? What is the travel time? By cab around how much? Im going TW with hubby on 19 Jan to 23 Jan

phyllis

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,884 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Freego bus goes to many of the Ximenting Hotels - NTD135 per head

(I think)

Otherwise , Guoguang bus to Taipei Main Station (NTD125 Per head) and then a cab to Hotel (NTD110Max)

Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

thanks a lot nuttyazn =)

Sg
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Any idea how much it will cost to take a cab directly from taoyuan airport to XMD?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Hi,

Does Freego still operate? I heard that the services stops since a few years ago, can any of the expert confirm this? Thanks alot! If freego still runs from airport to city, it is definitely the most worthwhile arrangement to get to city.

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Phyllis,

It's easy to get to Ximending from Taoyuan airport.

From the airport bus bays at airport, U can choose to take FreeGo or Guoguang bus.

FreeGo bus = 飛狗客運

Guoguang = 國光客運

..... Guoguang .....

GG is a non-stop ride from airport to Taipei Main Station area. From TMS, U can either take a cab (less than NT130) to Ximending.

Or take the MRT from TMS to Ximen 西門 station - a mere MRT stop away.

Once U leave Ximen MRT station via exit #6, U are in Xmd.

..... FreeGo .....

FG route is a bit different. Its buses also go from airport to Xmd and farther. Its final stop is not TMS.

If U take the bus before its last service at around 6pm, the bus will stop along the journey downtown to transfer U to a smaller van. The van will bring U all to areas in Xmd..

When U buy the FG tickets, U may be asked for your hotel name. FG service has a list of hotels in Xmd & vicinity which the bus/van will drop passengers to.

Not to worry. It may seem like some lengthy explanation here, but it's really pretty straightforward.

Happy touring!

TaipeiAlive :-)

TaipeiDreams.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Samuev,

For now, there isn't any updated news about FreeGo bus service not operating from Taiwan Taoyuan Int'nl Airport to Taipei city. Not as far as we know of here in these forums.

But at times, FG do make small amendment in the list of Taipei hotels where their bus/van make a stop at - where their passengers alight.

Hope this helps.

TaipeiAlive :-)

TaipeiDreams.com

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Feb. 22 - Cloudy; med. jacket

If saving time heading to Ximending is a priority, I'd take Guoguang Bus to Taipei Main Station and then either a taxi or MRT to XMD, as Guoguang's route is more direct and includes fewer stops. If time is not a factor and you'd like to use the opportunity to see the city as the bus takes you across town, Freego's ride would be more interesting. (Guoguang exits the freeway in west Taipei; Freego exits the freeway in northeast Taipei and then heads back west thru the city to XMD.)

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Hi!

I want to ask until what time will the last bus leave from Taoyuan Airport? You see our expected arrival time is 00:40. (I wonder how long it will take for us to go through immigration and to claim our baggages). Will there be a Freego bus or Guoguang bus to take us to Ximending? (We will be staying at TS Hotel). What do you suggest we get if we're a party of 5?

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Hello,

We will also be staying at TS hotel. Pls advise whether Freego bus stops at this hotel? I tried looking at the website but got lost! Blame it on my lousy mandarin. How long is the bus ride-50mins?

Help someone!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,677 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taoyuan Airport to Ximending

Freego bus (飛狗巴士) buses serve the link between Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA) and Taipei Songshan Domestic Airport (桃園機場往台北松山機場). Bus service hours at TTIA is from 0530 to 0100 hrs. Bus service hours at Songshan Domestic Airport is from 0400 to 2300 hrs. Bus frequency: 15~20 mins interval (during peak), 20~30 mins interval (during off-peak) Fare: NT$140 (one-way) NT$260 (return) Purchase ticket at Free Go bus counter at Airport. Travel time: About 50 mins. The last bus that goes into XMD departs TTIA at 1830 hrs.

Free Go Bus: http://www.freego.com.tw

Ta Shun (大顺) Hotel is one of the pick-up and drop-off stops for Free Go buses to / fro Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.