We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Visa in Bangkok update January 2018

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam Visa in Bangkok update January 2018

FYI. I applied for a Vietnam 30 Day Single Entry Visa today in Bangkok. Drop off your passport at the Vietnam consulate on Wireless Road between 0900-1130. Pickup time is 3 days later between 1600 - 1700. I dropped off my passport on Monday and they said to pick it up on Thursday at 1600. 2,200 Baht. I didn't ask for express service and they didn't mention anything about it. This "normal" service was fine for me. Very simple process and had one person in front of me when I arrived about 1045. The visa form, one photo, 2200 THB and my passport was all that was required from me. USA passport.

2 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam Visa in Bangkok update January 2018

Probably best to have a photocopy of your passport as ID during the three days that you do not have it. And make sure you have enough money changed to last three days because sometimes you are asked to show passport for changing money, othertimes address of where you are staying is all that is required.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
570 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam Visa in Bangkok update January 2018

Hi,

Your 30-day single-entry visa costs you 2,200B, which is US$69.

That might not be too much for the US passport holders, I'd say.

Reply to: Vietnam Visa in Bangkok update January 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted