We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday brunch question

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday brunch question

Dear all,

I managed to cramp one Sunday to our slightly hectic itineray in Asia - that's just how much I appreciate Sunday brunch. :)

I've had Sunday brunch at the Four Seasons and that was a wonderful experience, I wouldn't hesitate to go back if it weren't for my sometimes neurotic "there might be something even better out there" persona :) So, is there something better than wonderful, perhaps stupendious?

Any recommendations highly appreciated!

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday brunch question

Depends what kind of brunch your looking for and what type of cost.

But I could recommend the Intercontinental Sunday Brunch with free flow V.C. champagene (and it really is free flow, no skimping).

Lots of seafood, Wagu beef (or it could be Kobe???) good quality food all round.

Going myself again tomorrow so shall tell you if its still as good as 3 months ago!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday brunch question

Hi,

I'll vote for the offering at the (Mandarin) Oriental's Lord Jim's.. I've been several time-- and done two reviews-- and always come away fully satisfied.. and with a lighter wallet.. but always top notch food..

Lord Jim's Mandarin Oriental:

mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/…

Travel Safe,

boston england
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday brunch question

my vote goes to trader vics at the marriott we always go there and love their sorbet cocktails,they do a fantastic range of food and desserts to die for,cost 1500bht plus vat with free flow drinks but not wine

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday brunch question

Thanks to everyone who posted so far - glad to se GOPBI also active in this thread :)

I posted a similar question to the Hong Kong forum and therefore neglected to state I am keen on the idea of free flow of wine / champagne or other bubbly, sorry.

Lord Jim's looks interesting though is it a Sunday brunch or an every day superb lunch?

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday brunch question

Ment to also add, the Intercontinental also has free flow wine and cocktails as well.

The wine was of good quality (Cloudy Bay was one) and the cocktails were very good as well.

Will report back today as to what was available.

But wherever you do decide to go have a great brunch!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday brunch question

Anyone been to the sunday brunch at Rang Mahal at the Rembrant?

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday brunch question

I have been to Rangmahal's Sunday brunch twice, if you like Indian food it is the best.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday brunch question

cool, thanks fellow TO-nian

Bangkok
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday brunch question

Sorry folks, for the very best brunch in Thailand, neigh, anywhere I've ever been and gone to, it is without question Trader Vic's at the Marriott Resort and Spa. cazmataz is more than right.

Better than Sheraton, Landmark, JW Marriott, without even thinking twice. If you want wine with brunch, it is 300 baht extra making the total 1800 baht for brunch with all cocktails and wine included. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than other places, but this isn't about the cheapest brunch, this is about the very best brunch you'll ever have in your life.

Marriott Resort and Spa has definitely set the benchmark for all other brunches to be measured by in my book. And if you haven't been, you must go next Sunday to truly give yourself a baseline of which to compare all others to.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday brunch question

Well reporting back on our Seafood Champagne buffet at the Intercontinental.

We arrived at 12.00 just as the Jazz band were starting up and decided to have a Bloody Mary for starters. Even though it was not in the list of the Cocktails for yesterday hey still made them, rather good I must say.

The Veuve Clique Champagne was served right away and only once was our glass even remotely empty (one staff member was told off very discreetly for not re-filling quicker).

A good selection of crab, prawns and all kinds of other seafood along with salads, cold cuts and soups. A good selection of cooked food inc foie gras. Cheese selection excellent with good quality breads.

Lobster was served at your table. Im not a fan, never have been, but was well presented.

The oysters (French) were a little on the small side but good along with bellinis and a few different kinds of caviar/fish eggs all with the accompaniments.

Two types of cut of Wagu beef which was fantastic was also served with Yorkshire Puddings and greens! Two other meats also available.

Desserts, well again another excellent selection from macaroons to ice cream.

We had a Sav Blanc this time being Dog Point, very nicely chilled had to have two of those.....and also tried the Malbec with the beef which again was a perfect temperature. You could also have sparkling wine or if you fancy a sparkling Rose.

There was not a set left unoccupied for he 3 hours we were there. And staff were constantly topping up food thought and checking everything was in order.

Not the cheapest buffet, but a quality one. The location suited us again within staggering distance of home!

Cost each, 2,400thb well worth IMO. Sure you could get cheaper but all depends what your wanting at the end off the day.