We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

I have stayed at the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit before. I liked the location relative to the BTS. The butler service and the rooms are nice. The pool is a bit small and it does not have a executive lounge however.

However, I have read that the Sheraton by River is also nice, with a nice pool.

Now I am stuck on whether to go for the Grand which I have tried, or try the Orchid.

The thing that is holding me back is the location of the Sheraton Orchid might pose a bit of problems getting around?

Anyone stayed at both and can offer some advice?

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

The Authors lounge..now that's style!!!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

We stayed at the ROS and thought it was brilliant!! One thing you can use to get around are the water taxis. Very cheap and actually pretty easy to use and can get you around the waterside pretty quickly. :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

The Grande room is offering evening cocktails. If this hotel does not have a club lounge, where do you get these drinks?

Kat

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
378 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

Was at the SGS last week. They give you a coupon and you can get the free drinks in any of the bars.

Also stayed in the Orchid for a couple days as well. The riverside location is nice, but the hotel is more touristy.

I would rate the Orchid as a solid 4 star, while the SGS is a solid 5-star. It all comes down to the personal service and attention to detail. IMO the swimming pool at the SGS is better for relaxing with the tropical ambiance.

FYI, we got a sweet deal on an airport pickup from the Orchid in a BMW, at only 1200bat. Bit pricy, but a nice ride.

You'll definitely get a nice SPG upgrade at the Orchid, the hotel is below capacity.

15. Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton vs Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 05:33