We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok accomodation-now or later

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok accomodation-now or later

My husband and I along with 3 other couple are planning on traveling to Thailand for 3 weeks-June 9 through June 30 give or take a day or two. This will be our first time there...not sure if it would be better to book hotels in advance or when we get there. Also as there are a few of us, would anyone recommend a vacation rental instead. And if vacation rental is the way to go; how safe are they.

We plan to visit a couple places and plan on staying at least 2-3 days in each places.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok accomodation-now or later

Hi,

That time is off-peak so overall rates and occupancy tends to be lower.. so just on that basis alone, you're in a better position to get some form of a deal, that you wouldn't find or get during peak..

Now that said, I will say that some places that are hugely popular miight still be sold out or (more likely) all their cheapest rooms already booked--- you're not the only one who comes off-peak for the savings aspect..

So, I;d say this.. I'd book at least the first day-- so I had something confirmed and "in pocket" so when I arrive I don't have to deal with anything.. After that, the next day(s) you could easily play by ear-- but just remember that by not booking early does slightly increase your odds that some places or cheaper(est) rooms might already be gone..

So, IF you can deal with this issue, then I think it's a well worth it idea to come and plan based on how you feel and see how it goes.

Travel Safe,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok accomodation-now or later

this is just a thought

its australia school holidays time too

or try last minute.com

wotif.com

cheap deals

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok accomodation-now or later

Thank you GOPBI and blocker64.

4. Re: Bangkok accomodation-now or later

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2013, 05:33