We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tunis
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

My bride and I will be in Bangkok for 4 days in next April. Among things will do there is to have dinner cruise. I am wondering to know is there any agency to book a dinner cruise with Grand Pearl or Chao Phraya Princess online or by mail and pay at the pick up.

any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

http://www.thaicruise.com/reservations_en.php

Another dinner cruise highly recommended on tripadviser is this one..Loy Nava.

The sunset cruise is the one everyone liked..so worth a thought!

tripadvisor.com.au/…38549359

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

I have been very happy with Loy Nava everytime I have booked wth them

http://www.loynava.com/welcome.html

Happy cruising and dining

Giorgio Federico

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

I'll join the chorus for Loy Nava, its much more intimate and romantic than the other big 'faceless' cruise boats, and ideal for a honeymoon couple.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

How about with 2 boys age 13 and 5, do you still recommend Loy Nava ? Thanks.

Tunis
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

I checked Loy Nava, they offer only one choice between Thai Menu, Thai Seafood menu or Vegetarian Menu and all drinks are chargeable. However, others cruises offer Buffet dinner.

despites all that, does it still deserve to go ahead with Loy Nava ?

London
Level Contributor
982 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

The Loy Nava is owned by a Westerner who was a former employee of Goldman Sachs and speaks Thai. The staff will be Thai and there are two female dancers who will execute some traditional Thai dancing.

The owner has built a reputation for service and the character and style of operation. Within the menus you refer to, there are a number of choices.

He follows healthy and safety checks for his boat and as bbtony (who has over 10,000 posts on TA) has pointed out it is

"much more intimate and romantic than the other big 'faceless' cruise boats, and ideal for a honeymoon couple"

and how do I know all this?

I boarded the Loy Nava on three separate occasion, had the opportunity to meet him and asked him.

Of course, the choice is yours and some of the competitors may possibly be cheaper too, just do not take a law suit on us if you do not like it but hopefully you will have a good time.

Happy dining and cruising

Giorgio Federico

Edited: 12 March 2012, 13:37
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

Will anyone who took the Loy Nava cruise advise me if my boys 13 and 5 years old both very active ( hyper) will enjoy the cruise ? I want them to experience it but I'm scared they might get bored. Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

We went on the Loy Nava 6pm cruise in January with 16yo and 14yo sons and 12yo daughter. They loved it, the food was good, plenty to see both in daylight and after sunset. Our 16yo isn't the most expressive boy on the planet, but he was fine with it - enjoyed it a lot (although he does love his food, so there was plenty to keep him occupied on that front).

Can't guarantee your boys will be the same of course. The younger one I think will have plenty to look at along the river to keep him occupied (that's if I remember correctly back to when our kids were that age - a while ago now), and if your 13yo is anything like all our kids, there'll be no worries. We'd have no issue going again and taking all our kids. Well worth it.

Edited: 12 March 2012, 22:37
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

Thanks RfsowV.

10. Re: Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:17