We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Sheffield, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Hi there,

I'll be landing in DMK at 9:30am and due for another flight at 2:30pm the same day. I was wondering if anyone could recommend places to go close by DMK to kill time and eat some lunch?

Cheers

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Check this link

airportthai.co.th/ewtadmin85_AOT/…

Pallavi

MyPackageTrip

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,100 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Hi,

If you feel comfortable in doing so take a taxi to Future Park Mall and eat there. It is a few kms north of Don Muang. Otherwise, stay at the airport and eat there, you could also walk across to the Amari hotel for lunch.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

I agree with AjarnAndy. Future Park

soidb.com/bangkok/…future-park-rangsit.html

or Laksi IT Square

soidb.com/bangkok/…laksi-itsquare.html

could offer more eating choices. Future Park is larger - and also has a cinema which might be a pleasant way to pass the time (just keep track of time..). Both malls have an IT City tech store. Future Park has larger anchor departmental stores. Note that some mall shops don't get going until after 11AM (despite whatever might be written on the door of the mall as opening hours).

You don't have to decide in advance. You could check eating options at Don Muang, and see if you're OK with them. If you want to just laze around Don Muang Airport, the book shop might have something interesting to read.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Check with airport staff and see if Thai Catering still operates its restaurant, located behind the Puff and Pie shop, just south of the airport. The place put out some mighty tasty offerings back when I visited.

Thai Catering location: http://goo.gl/maps/YlxvU

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,447 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

If you're a little bit adventurous, right across the highway from the terminal (using the footbridge) is the township of Don Muang, complete with the requisite temple and quite a few Thai-flavoured restaurants. In addition, near the canal are a couple of those sprawling nightspot/restaurants that Thais like to go to for special occasions, have a great time eating themselves silly and drinking lots of beer or whisky. I've been to one there. It was called "Green Day" (?? or "green something") Also, there's nearby IT Square in Laksi (50 baht taxi ride) which has a lot of chain restaurants including a Foodland store with the fabulous and cheap Took Lae Dee snackbar.

Sheffield, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Thanks everyone,

I think we might check out Don Muang, we're a young couple happy for an adventure and we love thai food so it will be nice to get something local!

Thanks for all your advice! :)

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,447 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

Head for the railway station and Downtown Don Muang is behind the railway station to the left.

8. Re: Things to do or eat around DMK airport for 4 hour layover.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 00:17