We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Hi,

We're a young couple (25 & 28) looking for a beautiful, romantic, and hip hotel that is close to the action, but far enough way for secluded romance. Ideally, would love to stay on a nice beach with some sort of private pool or jacuzzi in our room.

We're looking to stay under $300 USD a night. Have looked at Beach Republic & Mantra as options. I wish we could stay at The W...that seems so our speed, but unfortunately...that's very expensive.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Hi

Hip hotel/resort close to actions then perhaps this one " the library ". But not sure if is fits in secluded category. This resort is right on the Chaweng beach pretty much everythings is in your steps.

There's many resort in South Chaweng beach around your budget more secluded ( not hip) nicer and quieter beach to be had. South chaweng beach are one of the best with white soft sand clear water good for swimming. The South Chaweng beach are away from hustle and bustle yet is easy to walk to bars and restaurants either along the beach or the main chaepweng beach road. And if you want actions just hop on the local mode of transport called " songtheaw" 10 mins to central of Chaweng beach around soi green mango( soi in Thai means side street). Soi green mango is a hub of clubs and bars. Also if you want beach party just head to " Ark bar" where they have beach party every wed and sat but I think every day is party day there.

Have a look at these resorts

Centara grand beach resort ( bigger resort with ocean view room or pool suite)

Buri rasa villas

Poppies bungalow with Thai decors small resort

Samui Paradise beach resort they have villas with jacuzzi

Samui resotel they have ocean front villas and pool access room

Hope this help, good luck

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

This place on Chaweng Noi might fit the bill.

http://www.newstarresort.com/index.htm

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Yes agree with Cassnu love the look of New star villas right on the beach. We did actually had a look when we were stayed at Impiana (2 properties down).

Just the note Chaweng noi beach there's only few places for meals and drinks in walking distance compare to South Chaweng beach. You will need taxi in and out.

Chaweng noi beach are equally beautiful to South Chaweng beach but quieter with just a few resort dots along. If you are in to surfing or body boarding this is the place ( right time right season).

Both beaches got my vote.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Yes the W does seem to be bang on what you're looking for as are the Banyan tree and the Conrad. However, while they're the newest most concrete modern buildings on the island they come with a top end buget to match. For what its worth, they may be super cool inside but outside they stick out of their surroundings like giant concrete ugly sore thumbs which is the very opposite of a tropical paradise setting.

For a smaller budget, the library in Chaweng would fit your cool and hip criteria but its neither quiet romantic or secluded. It is in Chaweng which is the most developed and busy part of the island. The upside is there will be masses of things to do right outside the hotel. Have a look at Sala Samui. Its on Choeng Mon which is a much quieter beach than Chaweng but the beach is beautiful. It would definitely fit the romantic and quite part of your brief and the villas with pools would provide seclusion. Its not as new york, neon urban chic in style as the W but it manages to combine a modern interior that's still got elements of thai influence, which for me the new hotels don't. Best of all its mid way between Chaweng and Bhoput (10 minutes each way) which is where most of the island's restaurants, clubs and shops are. It provides seclusion but its not so secluded that you can't have a good night in a busier area with little effort transport wise.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Another vote for the Library if you are looking for something hip but it's not very secluded, although it is in South chaweng which is the quieter part of chaweng. there are places more remote but if you want to be within walking distance of restaurants then South chaweng would be a good place to stay.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

I think the library is a little too modern for my taste. Love the pool, but it's a little too minimalist.

What do you think of the Renaissance?

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

I could also get us a free stay at Le Meridien with Starwoods points...that's in Lamai...thoughts on that?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

I'm guessing the W Resort isn't giving you a good deal on your points? When are you coming? Starwood have a new hotel opening here late this year which might have some soft opening offers - due 1st October but will probably be delayed. Like Twiggyrex I think Sala Samui merits a look - in your shoes it would be my choice.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

Not a good deal with star points :( and no cash and points.

Sala Samui looks dreamy.

A friend recommended Bhundari...thoughts? Also saw sareeraya...

10. Re: Young Couple looking for a romantic & hip hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:17