We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whch taxi firm to use?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
317 posts
87 reviews
Whch taxi firm to use?

Does anyone have any thoughts on which is the better /most reliable taxi to use from Bangkok to Pattaya; P.T.Taxi service or Boss Pattaya Taxi.

Have used PTTaxi in the past but the last time the driver turned up with a huge crack in the windscreen, no shoes and the taxi was filthy inside (so much so that I just perched on the edge of the seat the whole way) and stank of feet!! I did complain to the firm afterwards but never got the courtesy of even a reply.

I know PTTaxi they are reliable but would like to know if they have improved, also what are the cars Boss Pattaya taxi use like and are they reliable.

It will just be a taxi for 2 people.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
dof
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Whch taxi firm to use?

I have not used either these companies but have used Oriental Escape many times. You book on line and get a response within the hour (sometimes minutes). They are more expensive than some you can book but are always there waiting for you, even if you arrive early and exactly on time for your return journey. The cars are spotless, the drivers excellent - I've never had one talking or making phone calls while driving. They provide bottled water for your journey. After the first booking they automatically give you 10% discount on further bookings. You can get cheaper but you get what you pay for.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,458 posts
169 reviews
2. Re: Whch taxi firm to use?

I've always used Mr T, no problems so far

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
317 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: Whch taxi firm to use?

Thanks dof. Have booked now so keeping fingers crossed all goes well. :)

london
Level Contributor
49 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Whch taxi firm to use?

In my recent visit I used JJ taxi. I can thoroughly recommend them.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Whch taxi firm to use?

Had some bad experiences in taxis, drivers can be so unpredictable, what seems to be a nice guy turns into a thing possessed when he gets behind the wheel. So now, if it's my choice I will choose a lady driver. If that interests you, just google Nam's Pattaya taxi service.

T W
Level Contributor
132 posts
6. Re: Whch taxi firm to use?

Mr. T and PT Taxi are pretty reliable in my experience.

Reply to: Whch taxi firm to use?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted