We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DMK Airport to Pattaya

Visakhapatnam, India
2 posts
Save Topic
DMK Airport to Pattaya

Hello,

Can anyone please help us to know the cheapest way by road to reach pattaya from DMK Airport, Bangkok. Below are our details.

Date of Arrival : 06 Aug 2013, 6 AM

No Of Persons : 8 Adults and 2 Children( 2 Yrs and 4Yrs)

Luggage : Each Person One Cabin Baggage (7kg) and 1 backpack(10KG)

Thanks

Sreeram

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,010 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

Read over some of these options from an old link.

tripadvisor.com/…42718514

You are moving a lot of people! Even if you use buses all of you may not be on the same bus! Same for squishing everyone on the Skytrain so you can get to Ekamai bus terminal.

Free ride to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Bus 389 or Bell Travel from that airport. You need to keep your boarding passes to get on the free bus to Suvarnabhumi. Bell Travel you book ahead of time. Read the Bus 389 website.

Private van with everyone in one vehicle direct from airport is easiest. Use the Search choice to locate some older posts on taking a van from Don Muang.

Cheapest and best way may not be the same thing!

www.pattayabus.com/?page_id=1559&lang=en

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

*Disclaimer.

I have never had any reason to use Don Muang since it re-opened!

Visakhapatnam, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

Thank you sir!!

So I guess we will take the shuttle bus to BKK and then board the Pattaya Airport Bus. As we are too many people and Hopping to Ekamai bus terminal seems bit tedious, we got change bus and BTS local train and then again a Bus to pattaya, so I guess better going to BKK and board the Airport pattaya bus. As it looks to me that is in enroute to Pattaya from DMK.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,010 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

"we will take the shuttle bus to BKK and then board the Pattaya Airport Bus. As we are too many people..."

Get some more comments on this. Any bus rides you pay for multiply by 10. So if you can get a van close to that price maybe that is a good way to go - even direct from Don Muang.

When I travel it is always one or 2 people and no big problem. But you are moving a small army!

At least you are not arriving at Don Muang in the middle of the night like so many tourists from India do. Arrival at 6 a.m. is not too bad. If you do go with Suvarnabhumi there is a cheap food court at the airport near where the bus stops.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

I presume there is free shuttle service which starts at 5 am.

suvarnabhumiairport.com/to_from_don_mueang_e…

Location at DM Airport.

The shuttle departs from TERMINAL 1 Near to door No. 8.

There is a yellow illuminated overhead sign, attached to the pillar that denotes the departure point.

The Bell service starts from Suvarnabhumi Airport at 8 am.

FYI You can also go to Mor Chit Bus Station to catch the Pattaya Bus. No need to take BTS to Ekammai.

www.pattayabus.com/?page_id=1559&lang=en#3

Mo Chit (North) to Pattaya - 04:30 - 20:00 Baht 124.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 11:14
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
130 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

How would I reach Mor Chit bus station from DM airport ? I would reach DM at 6:00 a.m. By when can I expect to reach Pattaya ?

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

Look at my reply # 4.

It should give you the answer.

From Mor Chat or Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya will take 2 hours.

DM Airport to Morchit Bus Station about 30 minutes.

So if you follow the advice, it will take about 3 hours from DM Airport to Pattaya.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 06:57
Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

If there are 8 adults and 2 children I would recommend you simply arrange a van from a good car / limousine service such as Oriental Escape

They will meet you at the airport terminal with a name-board and take you straight to your hotel in Pattaya in comfort, remember the cost of the van is for all of you and is very reasonable if you start comparing that with sorting out some routing uses buses in particular with 2 chilren with you and also all your baggage

THB 2,700 for all of you for a Family or luxury Executive Van transfer

orientalescape.com/thailand/…bangkok.html

Van for THB 2,700

orientalescape.com/img/…m2.jpg

and

orientalescape.com/img/…m3.jpg

Edited: 25 July 2013, 07:14
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
130 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

My question was how will I go from DM to Mor Chit ? This is not covered in Answer # 4. I need details to reach Mor Chit Bus station.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

@ sandi1982

At this time in the morning you need to take a cab.

If you like to take a cab by meter and cheaply, follow this advice.

Once out of the airport lobby, use the elevator onto the walkway to the train station (or airport hotel). Mid-way you can take the stairs down to the freeway, where you can stop a taxi.

Taxi fare should be 150 bahts or less. If you take from the airport taxi stand, it might cost you more.

Mo Chit (North) to Pattaya - first bus at 04:30, last 20:00 - about Baht 124.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DMK Airport to Pattaya

From DMK to the Mo Chit B/S there are Shuttle Buses