We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lasik eye surgery

tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
Lasik eye surgery

Does anyone know of any clinic or hospital that is currently performing Lasik? I am visiting in Oct and wanted to have it done but I can't find anyone still doing the procedure. it seems both hospitals are NOT doing it now

thanks

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Lasik eye surgery

How bad are your eyes?

An eye doctor told me unless your vision is really bad not worth the risk

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Lasik eye surgery

Phuket International Hospital did do it. Is that one that has now stopped?

Edited: 21 August 2014, 13:13
tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Lasik eye surgery

yes they say they are not offering lasik anymore

tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Lasik eye surgery

still looking for help

perth
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Lasik eye surgery

Have you tries bankok hospital phukett they were also doing it

perth
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Lasik eye surgery

I am currently looking into having it done at the same time my daughter is looking at breast reduction surgery

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Lasik eye surgery

Laser eye treatment usually requires several visits over a number of weeks or longer so how long you planning on staying there?

What most do not tell you that if it goes wrong, as it sometimes does, it can leave you with worse vision, far worse vision where even thick glasses don't really help, and in a few cases, no vision.

At least in America you can sue the clinic if something goes wrong. I would not count on that in Thailand.

perth
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Lasik eye surgery

Every friend I have that has corrective surgery has it done in one 20 minute appointment and they throw away the glasses- never heard of several visits - of course there is a consultation and measurements then the lasik

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Lasik eye surgery

@McLovin59:You better have it done in Bangkok.

I can recommend TRSC in Bangok (www.lasikthai.com)

@kaneda: Your information is outdated. The risks are minimal these days. You need to have tests done in advance, but those can be done in your home country. You really need to be there for just a few days after the surgery for one follow-up check.

Level Contributor
481 posts
10. Re: Lasik eye surgery

I had my eyes corrected with LASIK in the UK about 8 years ago.

I had to attend for an eye test to determine if I was suitable for the treatment

The operation itself (as stated above) lasts about 10 minutes per eye (if that).

I then have to keep my eyes closed and rest until the next day when I had to return to have a check up.

I chose the clinic based on reviews and that people had travelled 200+ miles to be treated at this clinic.

Would I have got my eyes treated by someone abroad because it is cheaper than back home. Hell no!!! These are eyes, not teeth.