We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

‘Just Back Report’-14 (delayed post) Hanoi Jan 8th 2012

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kings Creek...
Level Contributor
214 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
‘Just Back Report’-14 (delayed post) Hanoi Jan 8th 2012

Our last day in Hanoi, we shopped and browsed.

The shopping is great.

The only thing I will advise is beware of the lady selling men’s underwear on the pavement corner -I picked up a pair of underpants to look at sizing for my son and was chatted severely by this middle aged lady, she almost slapped me on the hand only I was quick enough to pull back and then waved me away from her stall…..as she quickly rearranged everything perfectly again….what can I say…I did try to explain but she just waved me on….

Clothing rarely exist for female Aussie size 12-14 or Aussie male XL and the funniest experience was being waved away from shop entries with the exclamation “too big” – however this did save us time looking though.

We checked out the french built Long Bien Bridge – It is SO long – I was very aware of the poverty beside same (left side walking away from Hanoi) and the marked pollution – i.e. the rubbish along underneath into the waterway…

The bridge is only for bikes and foot pedestrians not cars – with a train line up the middle.

We all met back at the Hotel to go for a massage. We caught a taxi to ‘ just massage’ – which was a good massage. The masseurs are all partially blind and are all very good at their business. I would have liked a freshly changed table but hey I am just being prissy now. I chatted myself and made myself focus on relaxing – very nice…..yes I would recommend them I wish I could remember our girls name. Us 5 girls all had female masseurs and the 2 husbands had male masseurs on another floor. Everybody was very happy with their massage.

For dinner we caught a taxi to Koto restaurant (review posted) - the food was lovely - presentation beautiful, great service but the Staff were outstanding – I really enjoyed talking with them and hearing their stories –so worth the visit.

This was probably the most moving experience we had in Vietnam hearing a young girl talk with such respect for big brother (the owner) and tell us how her life has been transformed….

How when she was living on the streets she was so cold and hungry and now - how happy she is and how she has such beautiful friends (the staff) etc etc etc……..just before we left she presented my 17yr old daughter with a butterfly hair pin and told her because she had two of these - now they could both have one…… Honestly we were so touched…I am glad we finished our Hanoi visit on such a high.

This is such a beautiful city…………

More tomorrow from HCMC.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ‘Just Back Report’-14 (delayed post) Hanoi Jan 8th 2012

Tourism has really transformed Hanoi

I am so glad you like it

Keep coming back

Really

Italy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ‘Just Back Report’-14 (delayed post) Hanoi Jan 8th 2012

Another wonderful report and such a lovely story about the hair pin. Thanks, I really look forward to these updates.

3. Re: ‘Just Back Report’-14 (delayed post) Hanoi Jan 8th 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 05:24