We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fresh oyster

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
fresh oyster

where can i get fresh oyster in D1?

Heard that i can get them at seafood stall at the street too...where would you all recommend?

OR

where would you all recommend for seafood in D1?

especially grill seafood/ clams/ any shell

speedy reply appreciate, cos im FLYING tomorrow!!! Haha

Thanks in advance

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fresh oyster

I had some massive oysters at Ben Thanh market night stalls. They are BBQ'd and succulent!! The BBQ stalls are on the eastern side of the market and they cook everything.

Enjoy,

Mark

nsw
Level Contributor
783 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fresh oyster

Ya me too! We had some great seafood there, fish & prawns, yum , will be there in 7 more sleeps

Red

3. Re: fresh oyster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 August 2012, 06:35
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fresh oyster

My favorite place for seafood in SaiGon is QUAN 63 Nguyen Truong To street, district 4.Pure local and reasonable. They have all kinds as per your mentioned.

Taxi from district 1 to there is 10 minutes, cost around 3 usd per way.

Cheers,

Nhung

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fresh oyster

Try Oc Oanh in district 4, v famous so I think most taxi drivers will know it. Huge seafood place on the street, they do oysters & every other kind of shellfish you can imagine. Oc Dao on Nguyen Trai also gets good write-ups though I've not tried it personally.

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fresh oyster

I love 63 Nguyen Truong To st D4 for snails & some fresh seafood . Their curry crab with bread is really yummy. however their services was terrible and all will be messed up when it starts raining

I will go Bien Duong D10 for fresh oyster .

cheers

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: fresh oyster

You can go to the new Blue Oyster bar and Grill. They have Imported oysters from British Columbia. Very delicious!! also they have a cajun menu, squid, fish, and grilled imported steaks

73 pasteur street, D.1

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fresh oyster

The Best place to eat seafood is at the all the 5 star hotel, the foods is guaranty fresh, keeps at the right temperature .!

the worst place to be eaten Oysters is at the market stalls, it will send you to the emergency room fast ! that is not included you will be overcharged ! your choice

9. Re: fresh oyster

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 02:35
10. Re: fresh oyster

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 02:17