We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
174 posts
434 reviews
Save Topic
HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

WE want to visit Cao Dai on Nov 10 and not be rushed by the tour group 20 min visit.. We do not want to go to Cu Chi tunnels. We would like to visit Black Lady Mountain but see theme parks, gondolas, etc and are having trouble finding what a visit to the top and the Temple entails. We would like to make a trip from HCMC. It looks like a taxi might be the best to do what we want but are they safe? Is there a recommended one that will be flexible in leaving Cao Dai when we are ready and go to the Mountain and stop either way at Trang Bang Kim Phuc's "napalm girl" village where that iconic picture was taken? What is best way to do this in a day. i doubt a standard tour would include these things in the time we would like to spend including possibly the entire hour of the Cao Dai service? Do we need a guide?.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

You can hire a private car. It is Black Lady Mountain, a holy one in the region. Where is the name Madona from?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
174 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

Thank you VietnamAlive2 . I apologize for misnaming the sacred mountain. It was called that in another place but I see it is incorrect.

3. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2013, 12:25
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
174 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

Thank you Yu N. - It sounds like we would have to leave HCMC very early to do all of that and be at the Cao Dai Temple for the noon service. WE would like to take a taxi for the day but wonder what that would cost.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

I'd personally advise organising a private tailor-made tour. This will provide you with the security of reliable transport and the help from a tour guide (guides can be extremely useful when it comes to negotiating prices). There are many private tour companies in HCMC - I'd recommend getting in touch with either Buffalo Tours or Mango Tours - if they can't help you, they will have plenty of suggestions of other companies who do tailored made tours.

Hope this helps!

http://cokerri.wordpress.com

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,658 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

This good be a opportunity to use Jason SuperStar!!! ;) He provides a private guide/car service - he can easily accommodate such requests.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
174 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

I hadn't thought of them for this trip.you Britmaveric - This is very helpful. We are already in touch with mango for another tour and have been very impresses with their helpfulness and willingness to alter our tours in ways to fit our budget as they are usually more expensive.

I think one question is do w need a guide? That seems to add to the cost. We are seniors and so physical level of what we do is an issue. We are active but have our limits. We may wait and get advice from our hotel. We see some low figures for just renting a taxi and we also see some issues of safe driving. I do appreciate the suggestions so far. Very helpful.

Hartford...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

I went to Nui Ba Den (Black Lady Mountain) in 2010 from a family-owned hotel in District 1 in HCMC. The lady at the front desk got me a taxi cab to take me there. We negotiated $50 USD for the whole day. It probably costs much more now, but you might still save by paying in USD. I don't remember how long it took to get there, but it will take a while. We hit traffic getting out of the city and the highway system is rural. My trip was straight to the mountain and back. The cab driver was really nice although there was a definite language barrier. Now, I hiked ALLLLLL the way up to the top of the mountain because I didn't know better and there are no temples at the tippy top. The gondolas will take you to the main attractions. There will be some stairs to climb along the way, though. As far as time, maybe spend a couple of hours there. My hike took five hours round trip; my cab driver had no idea I'd be gone so long and he was so happy when he saw me, and me, him, as I thought he would have just left me there. That's why I say I felt safe traveling alone as a 30-sum female. But of course, always practice safety and be aware of your surroundings. International tourists don't frequent the rural areas, so you'll get plenty of curious looks. I chose to see the mountain instead of the tunnels and I am happy with my choice. Enjoy your trip!

9. Re: HCMC - Cao Dai - Black Madona Mtn, Trang Bang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 00:16