We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia and laos

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
676 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodia and laos

We have a total of three weeks holiday late December/ January. Should we try and squeeze laos into our schedule for a week...?.

If we fly into Siem reap should we stay there for a week?? Then would we go Battambang 3nights then to kep 3 nights ( maybe staying at the verandah resort????) then pp for 3 nights is this too much or not enough time at these places???? We are thinking then of maybe going to laos for a week maybe flying to luang prabang?...For 7 days,

We were going to try and do other way around with Vietnam 2 weeks and Cambodia 1 week, but am so tired don't want to be rush rush rush . We are traveling with 5 teens ranging from 19 to 13???

Hope there is enough shopping to keep the girls happy!!!!!!

I have been on the canby website which was great just trying to work out which order would be best,

Thanks

Would love to visit luang prabang as well would we have time to do this???

We are 7 people traveling 5 of those early to late teens.

Thanks for your advice,,, not sure his hitch way to go!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia and laos

We did Laos and Cambodia last year for 5 weeks and you could easily do the three full weeks you have available in either country.

I think trying to cram Luang Prabang in with all you have planned for Cambodia may be somewhat ambitious.

Having been to all of the places you have listed in the last two years my suggestion would be:

Siem Reap (7 days) - Battambang (2-3 days) - Phnom Penh (4-5 days) - Kep and Kampot (4 days).

Plenty of shopping to be had in Phnom Penh (pick up the PP Shopping Guide available at most restaurants around town and also some places in Siem Reap).

Verandah Resort is great. We couldn't get in there as they were fully booked but, went for a look and it was fabulous. We stayed at the Beach House which was also pretty fine but, a bit of a hike from the main crab market (and associated restaurants) for our liking.

If you wish, I can give you details of trustworthy and reliable tuk-tuk drivers in Siem Reap and PP and also a brilliant travel agent based in Kampot that can simplify your arrangements on the ground.

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
676 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia and laos

Hii flagaj

Thanks so much for your info if you could pm me with that info that would be fantastic

Thanks so much

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia and laos

3 full days in Siem Reap to see the temples, add another day for more activities.

2 days for Battambang.(***I'd pick either Battambang OR Kep if you want to fit in Laos comfortably!!!)

2 full days for Phnom Penh. Do your shopping in Phnom Penh (Psar Tuol Tom Pong aka "Russian Market", Psar Thmei aka "Central Market", Sorya Mall etc), prices and selection much better than Siem Reap.

2~3 days Kep

Fly to Vientiane see the sights 2 days, then fly to Luang Prabang & spend 3 days there.

Headign to Cambodia (& aferwards Laos) again tonight! :-)

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
380 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia and laos

For 3 weeks you will have time to discover Cambodia and Lao.

I would suggest:

Day 01: Arrive - Siem Reap (Bopha Angkor)

Day 02: Siem Reap

Day 03: Siem Reap

Day 04: Siem Reap

Day 05: Siem Reap (Quad bike or horse riding would be fun)

Day 06: Siem Reap - Battambang (La Villa Hotel)

Day 07: Battambang

Day 08: Battambang - Phnom Penh

Day 09: Phnom Penh

Day 10: Phnom Penh

Day 11: Phnom Penh - Kampot/Kep. (Veranda Resort or Nibbana Resort)

Day 12: Kampot/Kep.

Day 13: Kampot/Kep.

Day 14: Kampot/Kep.

Day 15: Kampot/Kep - Phnom Penh - Vientiane

Day 16: Vientiane

Day 17: Vientiane - Luang Prabang

Day 18: Luang Prabang

Day 19: Luang Prabang

Day 20: Luang Prabang

Day 21: Luang Prabang - Departure

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
676 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia and laos

Hi Eurasia

This sounds perfect . Would you fly direct to luang prabang or do you think it's worth adding Vientiane....?? This looks great. Thanks for taking the time

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
676 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodia and laos

Hi maneki

Lucky you ,,,,,!!!!!!have a great time.

A posting when you get home would be great.

Thanks

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
380 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodia and laos

Hi Karkiel,

Since we dont have direct flight from Phnom Penh to Luang Prabang but only Vientiane and Vientiane is also worth to visit, a small and charming city, so I would recommend to include Vientiane.

All the best,

8. Re: Cambodia and laos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:40