We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Any British or Irish bars that sell pub style food..eg Shepards pie, Liver and Onions etc

25 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,651 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Hello neamman

This is probably as close as you are going to get.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurants-g…

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
699 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Cambodia is not British so very few so called British pubs if all you want in Phnom Penh Cambodia or Cambodia is British pubs and food best place is London, it's like asking where's the best Cambodian pub and food in London, Phnom Penh Cambodia is an Asian country ,eat what the locals eat ,the only good part is all beer is 50 cents daytime or happy hour $1 every other hour and ice cold beer not the warm beer served in England ,a can of beer from a corner store is 60 cents and a packet of cigarettes around $1 for 20 ,

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Gee thanks for the sarcastic reply John. Why not look at my travel map before saying anything. I am well aware of food in Cambodia and SE Asia as I am there at least yearly for several weeks. That being said even though I love local food sometimes you fancy something different. This not my first trip to SE Asia or Cambodia but it is to Phnom Penh and if YOU have traveled throughout the region you would know most big cities have international cuisine.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Thanks Ian. thats perfect and the Rising Sun pub is close to my hotel.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
699 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

I use to eat at the rising sun restaurant until I moved in the apartment above we all shared the small ally way just around the corner and my apartment and 6 others used the same staircase going past the rising sun restaurant ,each night they set rat traps on the stairs next to the kitchen ,most weeks catching huge rats all tomorrows food is preparing and just left in large bowls up the stairs prepared vegetables and meats including chicken no refrigerator,no hygiene ,and the most filthy conditions imaginable ,

Don't believe me then take a walk up the small laneway just around the corner next to the old French mansion it's a public laneway and the first door and stairs is also the kitchen to the rising sun restaurant take a look ,before eating at this restaurant ,then you decide if you want to eat here .

I've lived around this area for 9 years ,I'm not just a tourist but a local who once called Australia home .

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

I can recommend Paddy Rice on Sisowath Quay. They serve a mixture of Khmer food and British/Irish pub grub

I wouldn't say the place itself is a 'British Style Pub' more like a Sports Bar.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Assuming what you say is true thats no different from 99% of restaurants in the region. Ijust stop looking as i know if i fo i will be turned off. Ive eaten scorpion (hated it) bbq maggots and grasshoppers(surprisingly good) plus numerous local animals like bear and wild boar. I like to at least try local food.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Thanks

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
77 reviews
9. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

I was in PP in October and I used Paddy rices for a roast and a English style breakfast I know it’s not exactly what you are asking for but if you need the fix of Home food it a good bet. Hope this helps a little.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
10. Re: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?

Im looking for the breakfast. 2 or 3 weeks without a good English and i feel funny!!

Reply to: Any British style pubs serving food in Phnom Penh?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted