We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
5 reviews
Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

Yesterday, 06 May, having some time to spare in the morning, I revisited Mr CUNG, my regular tailor in Phnom Penh at his small shop at #183, Street 110, Ang Duong, Khan Daun Penh (Central Phnom Penh). Surprise, surprise, but his small shop appeared to have had a major tidy up and was all neat and tidy and all of his cloth sample books were instantly to hand and not buried under men's and ladies tailoring at various stages of cutting, fittings and adjustments for his many customers as has always previously been the case

He very quickly produced the docket and cloth samples from my previous visit and order with him.

I decided to order two more made-to-measure shirts and selected the fine cotton to be used from his sample books. Mr Cung enquired if I wished to use the same measurements as before or be re-measured. I chose to be remeasured as I wished to make a very minor adjustment to the cuff to better accommodate an old and rather bulky Rolex Seamaster watch I wear from time to time back in Sydney.

As I am in Cambodia for six weeks this trip and in no hurry for the two shirts, we agreed five days for their making and pick up.

All best regards. Ian

Back in Phnom Penh for a few days

Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

Plain, striped or check shirts Ian and what colours? I think a striped shirt would be better suited to your old Rolex watch....

Manicus.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

I bought the old Rolex during service in Malaya in 1963.

But to answer your question both shirts are very fine and tastefully subdued checks - in pale blue and a soft red - better suited to the slim Omega Datemaster dress watch rather than my every day wear USGI military aircrew, tritium, non-magnetic issue watch. The perfect watch for travel. Even if ex Ebay!

Best regards. Ian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
720 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

Ian, does Mr Cung always keep measurements of his clients or only because you are a regular customer. Enjoy your time in PP.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

Hello Val and Charlie,

I just do not know the answer to your question.

It is true that of late I have had two shirts made-to-measure on each trip but I am far from being a very regular customer.

To complicate things, Cung's receipts are not serially numbered and do not show, at least on my own, the customer name. Only the date for completion/collection. However, today he very rapidly produced his copy of my last shirt order.

I see where you are heading but am unsure how to help you with this. I just wish that I could for your pending cruise to China.

All best regards. Ian

Edited: 07 May 2013, 10:12
san clemente, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
243 reviews
5. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

What is the cost per shirt?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
720 posts
48 reviews
6. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

Hello Ian

Yes, I would have had a couple more made had I known how good they were and of course I cant remember if I got a receipt or not. Next time I will know better and ask him to give us the measurements. I cant imagine the place being tidy, in fact I took a photo of Charlie and Mr Cung and the "stuff everywhere". Hope you are having a good trip. My grandkids have nearly used all my internet entitlement so getting very very slow.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
7. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

I would also like to know the cost.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
8. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

must have hit the reply button before finishing the post, I wanted to say

I would also like to know the cost as I have stopped getting clothes made in Thailand as it's become expensive and the work is to say the least shoddy.

9. Re: Shirts Made To Measure : Tailor CUNG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 01:18