We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around Vientiane

5 posts
Save Topic
Around Vientiane

I will spend 2 days in Vientiane in February. I think 1 day for the city itself should be enough but does anyone know if there is something interesting to see around Vientiane for a half day trip? I am more interested in exploring villages, nature etc rather than Buddha parks.

Many thanks.

Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around Vientiane

Vientiane just Laos gate better get on the bus in the city . start from Talad Sao to southern bus terminal and back to the same place. Talad Sao to Northern bus terminal and walk back :D.

Level Contributor
20 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Around Vientiane

I was there for half a day and was more into nature too. The must-do would be to catch the sunset over the Mekong river at the Mekong Riverside Park! The sunset is gorgeous. I would recommend the COPE visitor centre too although it wasn't opened when i was there. Other than that, it'll be mostly temples, stupas, museums and government buildings. Not sure if there are villages though but the outskirts of the city would look pretty different I believe.

Level Contributor
114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around Vientiane

This is quite interesting place to go, outside the capital not too far.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Around Vientiane

Yes Ventiane has much to offer and I would recommend a visit to the temple to the west of the town which offers a very good respectable sauna and massage

5. Re: Around Vientiane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2017, 00:16