We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nong Khai to Vang Vieng

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nong Khai to Vang Vieng

Friday morning I will be arriving in Vientiane after having had taken the overnight train from Bangkok to Nong Khai. It is my understanding that from the Lao side of the border there is a local bus which goes to the Talat Sao bus station. My question is this: can I get transportation from Talat Sao to Vang Vien, or will I need to go to the Northern Bus Station? If I do need to go to the Northern Station, would I be able to do so by motorcycle taxi? Thanks for any suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nong Khai to Vang Vieng

We took the last mini van which was around 2pm, however you might get a bus from teh centre station. We made a mistake of going to a wrong bus station so make sure to ask people at the border for the same. Journey is bit wild from vientainne and gear up for some rough roads. Enjoy your trip and stay safe in laos.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nong Khai to Vang Vieng

There are buses from the small talat sao bus station direct to VV,every couple of hours, or you could get a tuktuk to the northern bus station if you didn't want to wait - but the tuition would cost the same or more than the bus ticket.

Best to just wait at the talat sao station- there are plenty fruit and food stalls there.

If you have $100 to spare you can also get a taxi from the border to VV.

3. Re: Nong Khai to Vang Vieng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2016, 00:17