We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ihuru or Lily Beach

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
74 reviews
Ihuru or Lily Beach

Hi,

we have to choose quickly one of these two islands for May

My gut feeling now ais that both would be perfectly fine but wnat to collect some more inputs before taking the final decision.

Some of our thoughts are listed below

- Ihuro smaller and quiet (+)

- both reefs good (=)

- costs are equivalent, considering that Lily is AI (=)

- ihuro north male (-)

- lily just refurbished and probably standards are higher (+)

- lily beach, a bungalow near the family and vibes bar area would ruin our holiday (-) (yes there are also Italians who do not like "clubs" type of island).

- we were not even considering Lily beach but have been reading good reports and comments on TA lately. While for some reasons ihuro seem not to attract a lot of interest, particulalry from the "destination experts", any reason for it?

many thanks in advance

jorgio

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Ihuru or Lily Beach

Only been to Lily, before the upgrade. Nice small island. Now with the full AI even better. Yep the snorkelling is very good.

Some of the accommodation is brand new like the WV. Other like the semi-WV have been given an upgrade. The quality looks very pleasant.

I really can not see how you can go wrong.

Edited: 06 April 2010, 09:26
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Ihuru or Lily Beach

Ok, had a look at the Lily map.

lilybeachmaldives.com/files/Island_Map.pdf

Family beach villa, if you look we were in the 1st semi-WV on the opposite side to the Vibe.

Did get a little noise one night but with the windows shut and the air-con on I can not really see any problems. Since they are for families if noise was an issue, plenty of people would have been complaining before you get there. Put a request in 2 weeks before to be as further away as possible.

The Maldives is not really a place where playing music into the early hours is an issue.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Ihuru or Lily Beach

you have pretty much narrowed it down to the differences between these two.

are there actually availibilities for this year's may on both these islands? i would be surprised but the better for you !

lily beach is the more family oriented one between the two .. and the more trendy . i generally recommend it for its good AI plus housereef plus location in the ari atoll - but i do not usually recommend it for quiet seeking couples because the AI and pool tend to attract a more lively group of guests. transfer is by seaplane , which is an amazing experience .

ihuru is a beautiful little island which is recommended for quiet and its good reef . i do not suggest it for divers however , because the diving in the ari atoll is just so much better and ihuru is close to male and the resulting busy waterways. also the villas are very close together with only about 1-1.5 meters between them. i am not crazy about the color scheme in the rooms.. the green/orange/black combination doesn't work for me - but thats petty and a matter of taste .

in the same price class, you could also have a look at athuruga , which i personally prefer over lily beach for its beauty, athmosphere and better reef and no wavebreaker wall .

either way , you won't make a mistake with either of these two resorts - especially if this is your first visit. have a great time !

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Ihuru or Lily Beach

Thank you. Spammie has mentioned the magic words "quiet" and "good reef" so - subject to final confirmation of availability - first choice for this year Ihuro, Lily stays on the list for next time, together with Athuruga which I did not choose only because I want to let few months pass after the refurbishment.

It's the 4th time to the maldives actually, but looking forward to be mesmerized like the first time.

5. Re: Ihuru or Lily Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 02:16