We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

We have been on the cusp of booking this island for next March for far too long. First we were waiting for the schedule airlines programmes, now we have been getting quotes from Cosmos (the only big tour operator to do it|) and a few independents. I saw in an old Kuoni brochure that they did HB and also read in a review that someone had booked the same but Purely Maldives and our local independent travel agent have both said that it is not an option. I have now recieved an e-mail from the island confirming that it is indeed possible to book just breakfast and dinner only, without lunch. So my problem now is who to book with as I don't want to book flights and accomodation separately. I have e-mailed Regal Dive for a quote. Does anyone have any other bright ideas?

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Wid - Monarch Holidays seem to offer it and have the choice of FB and AI? Flights are Emirates and not Monarch.

T23

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

That is who i saw it with as i have looked at it as an alternative to Vila, as one of the Dive crew at vila recon the reef is as good or better :-)

Also tropical warehouse do it ,loveholidays,com and Cosmos which i think are Monarch.

Sg

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Hmm,,,have you forwarded your email from the island to richard? Unlike them to get it wrong...maybe they can't offer that package.

I would just go for the cheapest option. Why do you not want to book flights and accommodation separately though..?

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Oh my goodness. Now I have a lot more ideas! Thanks, all of you.

Turquoise - I didn't know Monarch did it but those are the same two options that Cosmos give but we are looking for HB if poss.

Sg - I will look at tropical warehouse and loveholidays. Have you used them? The Cosmaos quote we have is with Qatar.

Froggy - I was surprised about Purely Maldives too. That is a good idea though - I will forward the e-mail through to Richard. The cheapest option is what we are looking to find out and I reckon it would be the HB one. As we never eat lunch in the Maldives, it seems silly to pay for it. We know what we would get through drinks wise as we still have the bill from Fiha last year and although the drinks will have gone up with the recent tax increase we still reckon it would be cheaper to do it on HB and pay our way beer and water-wise. The difference between FB and AI is well over £378 each.

We would prefer to use a tour operator so that we have a bit more protection if anything thing goes wrong - flight delays, cancellations etc

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

I've just checked loveholidays and they only do FB or AI there too. The plot thickens.

Tropical warehouse are looking into it and will ring me back.

Flippin' eck the lengths we go to for our jollies in the Maldives!

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

let us know how you get on Wid, haven't used them but others have with no complaints.

Sg

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Will do. I have sent the e-mail to Richard at Purely Maldives so we'll see what he says. I know he's supposed to be tops..

This time bext week it will all be booked - I can't stand much more of this and hubbo is going spare with me taliking about it all the time!

Wid

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Wid

I know what it is like going around in circles! I remember our first Maldivian island booking, back in 2001. Hardly any research, apart from locating Male on a Map and reading up in that big book the travel agents used to keep under their desks (I forget the name) Arrive on island with cardigans, socks and lots of surprises, great views of rubbish island and a dose of E-coli. What's this house reef thingy? etc.

Now with Tripadvisor we are so well informed, but all so stressed!

Ignorance is bliss! or Is it?

Best of luck

T23

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Silly question here wid, but what is the difference between hb cost and fb cost you are being quoted..

Is there a chance it's the same on some kind of deal from the agencies? You might find lunch is basically thrown in. And the reason it's not being offered is because you can have fb for the same price as hb ie going hb gives no saving...

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Eriyadu - board options confusion

Perhaps you are right, froggy but I can't tell what the difference is until I actually get a quote for HB. If it's a matter of lunch thrown in then that's the end of it. Richard has replied to me that he will check again with the island and come back to me next week. He is indeed tops!

Never mind circles, turquoise- it's getting to be more like spyrographs (remember them or are you too young?!)

Wid

Edited: 22 April 2012, 04:26