We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
228 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on flying into Ashgabat and then using a train/bus/taxi to go to Uzbekistan after spending 2-3 days in the country. Can I do that with a Transit Visa? I heard the normal visa you have to be with a tour group and I didn't want that. How easy is it to get a transit visa? I'm USA citizen.

Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Ashgabat...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

Dear GZCS, first of all welcome to Turkmenistan and yes, you can do that with transit visa. If u need any further assistance plz dont hesitate to write(tursunbay@gmail.com) . I live in Koneurgench which will be your terminal station in Turkmenistan afaik, and will be more than happy to show you around. Sincerely Tursunbay

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

Yes you can but you have to go in a direct route to the border and it is date specific. It may be a little more difficult for US citizens. Search for info on the Caravanistan website. I haven't used their services but they have detailed reliable info about Central Asia travel.

Reply to: Transit Visa or Normal Visa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ashgabat