We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
246 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on flying into Ashgabat and then using a train/bus/taxi to go to Uzbekistan after spending 2-3 days in the country. Can I do that with a Transit Visa? I heard the normal visa you have to be with a tour group and I didn't want that. How easy is it to get a transit visa? I'm USA citizen.

Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
1. Re: Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2018, 12:36

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit Visa or Normal Visa?

Yes you can but you have to go in a direct route to the border and it is date specific. It may be a little more difficult for US citizens. Search for info on the Caravanistan website. I haven't used their services but they have detailed reliable info about Central Asia travel.

Reply to: Transit Visa or Normal Visa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ashgabat