We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any respectable travel companies within Uzbekistan (Tashkent in particular) that can offer hotel reservations, airport transfers, flight tickets and guided tours please?

From browsing Google, Advantour, Orexca and Roxanatour seem to be three example companies. Has anyone made reservations with these companies in the past? Can anyone recommend any other genuine travel companies in Uzbekistan that can offer similar services?

Many thanks in advance.

Anur Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Global Connect
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Multi-day Tours
Registon Travel
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours
Steppe Journeys
Sightseeing Tours
Auckland Central...
2 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I think Roxana Tours are amazing! What a fantastic tour they organized for the New Zealand operators it was simply breathtaking. The guides they supplied were just astonishing in their knowledge, English, enthusiasm the way they held our interest. Although they all had their very special way of delivering their experience they were all just fantastic. I have to single out one guide who was simply amazing and that was Temur he was simply fabulous. Khiva was made to come alive under his narrative and knowledge he clearly loves the city and this was portrayed to all of us during his day with our group.

The wonderful places they arranged for us to visit Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand Tashkent to name but 4 must all be revisited. Their colors, architecture, history and charm will remain with me forever. So much so I have every intention of revisiting Uzbekistan again in the near future hopefully spending more time in the Fergana Valley with another visit to Kyrgyzstan plus another Stan

My thanks must also go to Jon without whom the tour would not have been complete. His patience is to be greatly admired as is his expertise in dealing with a group of people or varying ages, health and stamina and demands. We went to the most fabulous places, passed through spectacular countryside and ate excellent food all with him to ease our passage, organize flights, buses, taxis and even camels! The hotels were far better than I imagined they would be as was the wine! Our night in the yurt was a very special experience which was certainly enjoyed by the 4 of us 2 Raewyns,1 Daisy and a Baeuxie

Thank you Jon and Roxana Tours,

Daisy K

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

We chose ADVANTOUR, based in Tashkent. We visited Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan independently as we only wanted to see Astana and Bishkek. Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan were expertly handled by Sevara Fayzieva. She allowed us to not have a guide with us all the time (too constricting) but arranged for local guides and drivers at each stop (Tashkent, Samarkand, Bhukara, Khujand, Merv, Ashgabat) even though it involved working with partner organizations in the other countries. For 8 days of guides, hotels (w/breakfast), drivers, trains (2) and air travel (1), it cost each of the 4 of us $1300. I think it was a good price based on earlier research done, another company investigated early on wanted over $2000/person. Part of the difficulty in this region is crossing borders. For this part of the trip all I had was an Uzbekistan visa before arrival. Tajikistan and Turkmenistan were handled at land borders. (Think about whether you really want to do this as it takes a LOT of time, very little English is spoken, and the facilities are basic.). Sevara prepped us well and was always there with a quick answer to every single question (before, during and after), and it was in easy-to-understand English not bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo like you get from embassies. Advantour seems to get a lot of positive reviews and I can see why. I think they give you enough flexibility and communicate effectively. I have traveled to over 80 countries and I don't think I would have been able to handle this trip independently, at least not in 8 days.

Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I had a good experience with East Site Travel, took 5 Stans tour with them this April. Not bad services, all inclusive + all visas included.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Earlier this year I used stantours for all my travel related quesitons and queries and then travelled independently. They were excellent at answering all my questions and were able to book airport transfers, recommend and book hotels, guides, trains, buses, internal flights. They really were amazingly awesome. A fault-less service.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Hi

I used Anur tours for my trip to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan and I just can say that everything was really well planned and good price. In Turkmenistan by law they contacted a Turkmen company but everything arranged from Anur Tours, very well organized and professional, not even a single small trouble.

I totally recommend it.

Edited: 25 November 2014, 18:41
Level Contributor
18 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I have no hesitation in recommending Advantour - excellent communication, brilliant guides and drivers, and extremely well organised - everything ran like clockwork, from arrival to departure.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
860 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

We toured 3-Stans (Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan) as part of our Silk Road tour.

CA-Mille tours organised everything for us including all transfers, internal flights, transport, hotels, tours with English-speaking guides etc.

It was a brilliant and personal service. In fact one of the directors accompanied us througout Uzb to ensure everything went correctly. The company was very flexible as well a we managed to add on a few more places to visit without any problems.

Thoroughly recommend it. Email me if you want their contact details.

Edited: 28 November 2014, 07:04
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I was in Uzbekistan about one month ago. Advantour in Tashkent did a great job with making all of the arrangments for my visits to Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand

The price charged was reasonable and the Guides, Driver and hotels were great. The Advantour office is located in a nice quite neighboorhod in tashkent

Good vibes in the Advantour office

39. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 11:35
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
40. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

We shall never forget the experience with Roxana Tour. That was definitly the most enjoyable tour and it exceeded our expectations. we were so pleased that we decided to travel with their company again. We have no hesitation in recomending that company and their tours to our friends here in Australia, The hotels they have choosen were exactly what we were looking for, the guids were actually one of the best guids we ever had on our tours. Ask Anton , (tour operator) to make sure you will have Dilya from Bukhara, Timur from Khiva and Denis from Samarkand, those guys make the whole diffrence. Driver Nosiir was also very helpfull, and we felt very safe during the long drives.

Get answers to your questions about Tashkent
Recent Conversations