We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any respectable travel companies within Uzbekistan (Tashkent in particular) that can offer hotel reservations, airport transfers, flight tickets and guided tours please?

From browsing Google, Advantour, Orexca and Roxanatour seem to be three example companies. Has anyone made reservations with these companies in the past? Can anyone recommend any other genuine travel companies in Uzbekistan that can offer similar services?

Many thanks in advance.

Anur Tour
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Steppe Journeys
Sightseeing Tours
Multi-day Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Rail Tours
Global Connect
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Multi-day Tours
Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I agree with David, I have been coming to uzbekistan since 30 years and as a tour leader for diffrent companies, I can say Roxana Tour is the best company I have used in 30 years. I really like the people who run this company and they use the best guids. Rakhmatjon is the owner of the company and he always joins me on my tours, he always knows how to handle big groups of very demanding clients. Make sure to aks him to join you if you have very important clients to send to Uzbekistan and all other 'stans. What I really like about them is that they always reply your emails within 24h. My small suggestion regarding food: always try to eat everything cooked in Stans, make sure your food is hot and don't drink water tap. Gary Wintz

Berlin, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
42. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

My friend Cydny and I really enjoyed our recent trip toUzbekistan. This was the sort of trip where one would expect some glitches along the way but thanks to amazing efforts of Roxana Tour on our behalf everything went along like clockwork. They are really good at what they do because they really care about their clients. Working with a true professional is very comforting to someone from 12 time zones way and I would be happy to recommend their services to anyone.

Thank you Anton and Otabek

Tom Berg

Toronto, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I highly recommend Anur Tour Central Asia, Mr. Mumin Raubaev in particular.

I traveled alone for 10 days in Uzbekistan during late November, early December 2014, visiting Khiva, Bokhara and Samarkand. I told Mumin of my interests in architecture, decorative arts, music, history and culture generally. Anur helped me customize my trip in considerable detail including specific B&B accommodation, ground transportation and connections, guides, plane and train tickets as well as visa support. Every aspect of Anur’s responsibility was executed flawlessly:

• My entry visa was competently arranged for pick up upon arrival in Tashkent airport;

• Transfer personnel (at 2:00AM) were easy to find, spoke English well and were very courteous;

• All flight and train tickets, receipts, B&B confirmations, itinerary, etc. were clearly and simply organized upon arrival;

• B&B accommodation was excellent – comfortable, quiet, warm, good breakfast, hot water for showers, etc.;

• Local ground transfers were prompt, courteous and efficient;

• Travel by train and auto were safe, efficient, comfortable and on time;

• Guides were very well informed, particularly in my areas of interest, spoke English very well and were well respected by staff at museums, cultural sites, restaurants and businesses, were highly personable and interesting people.

As Mumin keenly observed at one point, I was seeking “a truly Uzbek experience” – he delivered in spades.

I will certainly call upon Anur for my next visit to this marvelous country.

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Hello Mezzarino

I imagine you've long since departed this forum, but for anyone else still reading please look at ICTS based in Tashkent, or Pilgrim as well (the latter for the cheaper quotes). Both excellent companies in my view.

You need to think carefully about the logistics of working directly with a local company (declaration of interest - I run a travel company), in particular how to pay them safely.

all the best

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
9 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

anyone interested in going to Uzbeksitan, welcome!

Edited: 25 March 2015, 04:56
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Just returned from a long-planned trip to Uzbekistan. We reviewed and priced tours with several companies--all seem willing to customize agendas for the well-oiled Tashkent-Samarkand-Bukhara-Khiva route . We chose Anur because--well, we just liked their website, their pricing was good, and they seemed more adaptive than some of the larger companies. It was a great choice from start to finish and the trip was seamless. I've traveled a lot but this was my first tour experience and I was a bit concerned about being over-managed. The balance of freedom with guided tours and well-executed logistics was perfect. And may I say that Mumin and Svetlana were a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Anur Tours.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

I can only highly recommend Shahina Biznes Travel. I found the company when looking for train tickets for uzbekistan under ://caravanistan.com/transport/train/uzbekistan/buy-train-tickets-online/. Having filled in the on line form I got a very quick response, the whole process was extremely efficient, friendly and transparent. I thought the price was extremely fair, too, considering that it might save us a lot of running around and grief due to lack of language skills. Within 48h the tickets were bought and will be delivered to our hotel in Tashkent. Ms Aliya Japarova was particularly friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
14 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

Hi, I had a good experience with Advantour back in June, serious, swift and everything worked out (booked hotel, train tickets and a guide).

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
49. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

try marakandatravel.com they organize even some bike tours in Uzbekistan and overall in Central Asia .

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Uzbekistan travel company recommendations

We booked with CA-Mille tours. They were very understanding and flexible.

Get answers to your questions about Tashkent
Recent Conversations
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now